Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

It's time for Joe Girardi to be fired

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Well, now that I've stopped throwing up, it's time to post my thoughts. That decision by Girardi to not challenge in the sixth is inexcusable. The ball clearly hit the knob of Chisenhall's bat. If that call gets overturned, the Yankees are out of the inning with a 5 run lead. Gary Sanchez was pleading with Girardi to challenge and it didn't happen. That's called not having trust in your players. Girardi passed up on Betances multiple times. He overused Chapman time and time again. Girardi has lost control of this clubhouse. It's time for him to be canned. I don't care how good the Yankees' season was. The damage has been done.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I hope he does get canned. i know some of the players didnt perform last night. But geeeeez Girardi had a brutal night. takking out CC was brutal and i think it all went down hill from there. He doesnt trust his players, CC was doing well, he ignored Sanchez who was adamant that ot hit the bat. Know pitching Tanaka in game 3??? if they lose that game and Severino never gets to pitch in the ALDS

BUB, BYE JOE

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
The answer has got to be Alex Rodriguez.

Strong character with good morals. Respected by peers & plays the game the right way. He'll lead by example and the players will follow
This was right on the nose. I hear Bochy is on his way out for Barry too so this all makes sense

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Biggest bone head thing I have ever seen in baseball. That just shows signs of Alzheimer's.
Alzheimer's is a brain disease that causes a slow decline in memory, thinking and reasoning skills.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
This was right on the nose. I hear Bochy is on his way out for Barry too so this all makes sense

Barry Bonds is a fine upstanding citizen with leadership skills second to none whom would never cut corners to get ahead. Reintegration to the San Francisco organization should be an easy transition to an honest & idolized man such as himself.

There is no doubt those living near or around the Bay area such as yourself would begin attending games regularly.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Barry Bonds is a fine upstanding citizen with leadership skills second to none whom would never cut corners to get ahead. Reintegration to the San Francisco organization should be an easy transition to an honest & idolized man such as himself.

There is no doubt those living near or around the Bay area such as yourself would begin attending games regularly.
At this point, he'd be the biggest draw. A player/coach situation would be fantastic

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Last night: "I didn't want to interrupt the rhythm of the game."

Today: "I screwed up."

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Who do they go after? Posada?

The best name with ties to the Yanks that has had success coaching recently would be Scott Brosius.

Almost anyone would be better than Girardi though. The guy under performs and lasted this long due to starting with Jeter, Mariano, Arod, Petite etc etc. These are players that seem to manage themselves/their clubhouse just fine, so your job is just to challenge calls + balance bullpen. He has failed to do that. This isn't a team with grizzled vets, its a team with a lot of young guys that you want to build even higher.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Girardi didn't give up the bomb to Lindor or Bruce. It's not like he pulled a Buckner last night. That s--t happens.

Scapegoating the guy isn't the answer. Yanks got beat, in the end, (pun intended). Even with Encarnacion going down with the injury, the Yanks lost.

Members online