Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Box O' Goodies - Who Wants to Participate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A_Pharis

I haven't received anything yet, I don't suppose you have a tracking number do you? I'm assuming you're not positive it got mailed otherwise you wouldn't be looking for it? Any updates would be great.

Mike
[MENTION=4092]mmier118[/MENTION] - has anything come of this?

If the second box has not started out, yet, I will ask that [MENTION=4787]sruchris[/MENTION] at least reply to inquiries before being in on Round 2.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
I have been communicating with a couple of people who thought they had already sent packages for Box #2 to get it started, but they did not, thus, there is an additional delay of getting the box out. What do you guys think we should do:

1) Send box 2 out now and just get it rolling and the cards I get from the other folks can be included in box #3 instead.
2) Wait for the cards to arrive and add them to box 2 and then send it out.

I'm leaning towards 2, but am open to suggestions.

Box 1 was received! YEAH!!!! I must say that given all that transpired, it was great to receive it and go through it. I was hoping that the contents would be much different from what left my home back in early April and it certainly was, so I consider the whole experiment to of been a success. Most of it is not stuff that I personally collect. I certainly did find some cards that I like, but the bulk of it can certainly go around and I bet some people added stuff for others who already had received the box, so I think some of you who participated in round 1 may find stuff that fits into your collection which was added after you already went through it. I will try to put that stuff into box 2.
[MENTION=4449]sabrgeek[/MENTION], there are only a very small amount of pre 70s cards. I don't know that you'd get much out of the box if I sent it to you early on, so what I am going to do is put you near the end of the box route so that there is a chance others may have some stuff to add that fits into that theme, which you could use. Otherwise, you're going to get a box that will cost you $17 to ship to someone else with very little positive outcome for yourself from the current contents.

sabrgeek

Apr 10, 2010
Bill -- that is fine -- glad you got my first package and I can add and will add more -- pre-70 and autograph cards lead the way but I'm OK with Rookies and other stuff as well :)

Rich

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Bill -- that is fine -- glad you got my first package and I can add and will add more -- pre-70 and autograph cards lead the way but I'm OK with Rookies and other stuff as well :)

Rich

Rich,
Glad you like some other stuff too! I hope you will find some stuff for your collection in the box. Just for clarity, I have not received the first package yet, but maybe it will be there when I get home today!

Greg,
Box 2 is pretty full now, but I can always up it to a large flat rate.

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
@mmier118 - has anything come of this?

If the second box has not started out, yet, I will ask that @sruchris at least reply to inquiries before being in on Round 2.

I haven't received anything yet and I never got a tracking number. I'm not too concerned about not receiving the package but not following through especially after multiple times of saying you will doesn't bode well for inclusion in the next box.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I haven't received anything yet and I never got a tracking number. I'm not too concerned about not receiving the package but not following through especially after multiple times of saying you will doesn't bode well for inclusion in the next box.

This situation has had plenty of time to correct itself. I recommend that he be removed from future Box o goodies.

A_Pharis

I am more than recommending. If at all possible, please remove anything he may have contributed to the 2nd box. If he has submitted, but you cannot remove his items, I will supply the person currently with the box an e-mail address that they can use to contact him (sruchris).
As far as FCB is concerned, he is to not participate in a community project in which he is no longer part of that community (for the time being). That said, and to reiterate, remove him from the chain of shipping.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Two flake outs for this deal, what a joke.
But I am happy that 1) the box did finally make it to lance and so on, 2) that we have removed these turds from our community and that 3) Adam is da man!!!

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
That stinks, c'mon man send the cards off!!

I just don't understand some people, how hard is it to send the cards back off to their rightful owner??? I screwed up and labeled the package with his name and he was aware of this & said he would send them to mmier118 . I even offered to pay the shipping to mmier118 and send sruchris some cards for the inconvenience.

Members online