Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB hates players with ADHD - Carlos Ruiz suspended.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwc9p

Aug 25, 2010
Columbia, sC
I heard a theory in regards to the Seahawks players and can be transferred to Chooch. The players/agents/publicists are just coming out and saying that it is adderall because the NFL/MLB can't say otherwise. In other words, saying it was adderall is just a cover-up and it is possible that it was PEDs like HGH.

Also, Bucs players were suspended as well.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Im guessing Ruiz didnt have a legit prescription for it since all he had to do was get the necessary paperwork filled out (the theraputic use form and other doctors paperwork).

So, no, MLB does not hate players with legitimate disorders.

edit: his apology

"I am sincerely regretful for my mistake in taking a prohibited stimulant," he said. "I apologize to my teammates, the Phillies organization, and the Philadelphia fans. I will serve the imposed 25-game suspension to begin the season and I look forward to returning to the field."

Last edited:

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I heard a theory in regards to the Seahawks players and can be transferred to Chooch. The players/agents/publicists are just coming out and saying that it is adderall because the NFL/MLB can't say otherwise. In other words, saying it was adderall is just a cover-up and it is possible that it was PEDs like HGH.

Also, Bucs players were suspended as well.

If it were PEDs they would be suspended longer.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
edit: his apology

"I am sincerely regretful for my mistake in taking a prohibited stimulant," he said. "I apologize to my teammates, the Phillies organization, and the Philadelphia fans. I will serve the imposed 25-game suspension to begin the season and I look forward to returning to the field."

Soooo, question about his apology: is he saying he screwed up in not taking the drug properly, or is he saying he's abusing perscription drugs? Also, if he IS saying that he was abusing, why does ADHD medicine get a different treatment than Testosterone or HGH? If I'm not mistaken, those ADHD meds are like speed, i.e. "greenies", which are a performance enhancer, which should require a longer suspension.

It's my understanding that the 25-game is for "mistakes" or "substance abuse", and the 50-game is for cheating; "greenies" are cheating.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
Soooo, question about his apology: is he saying he screwed up in not taking the drug properly, or is he saying he's abusing perscription drugs? Also, if he IS saying that he was abusing, why does ADHD medicine get a different treatment than Testosterone or HGH? If I'm not mistaken, those ADHD meds are like speed, i.e. "greenies", which are a performance enhancer, which should require a longer suspension.

It's my understanding that the 25-game is for "mistakes" or "substance abuse", and the 50-game is for cheating; "greenies" are cheating.
You might as well start testing for caffeine now too.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Ruiz's first positive test from last year meant he knew before the 2012 season started that he would be tested a total of 8 times and yet he still took the stuff. Hard to fill sorry for him.

A_Pharis

I was listening to ESPN today, and they had a guy on who would (at one time) take it to work out. He said it made him feel like he could break through walls. He said it was definitely a PED, because it made you forget your limits.

Members online

Latest posts