Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Tournament 2 - Autos # 90 - 115 - Congratulations Metallicalex777

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
Jeter. Cornerstone player from a landmark set, card has a simple aesthetic appeal, and I prefer Jeter's elaborate autograph over Gibson's or Brock's

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I love this match up, and it is staying close. I will use my vote for the dual as well with the reasons why I posted earlier. I actually would have voted for the Jeter if it wasn't in a BGS slab and although it is SP'd /100 it would be even better with an actual serial numbering stamp. Don't get me wrong, that Jeter is a BEAUTIFUL card and one I would love to own in the PC someday.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
While I do agree that it'd be nice for either both pics to be in color or both to be in B&W, the dual still gets it. That Jeter is a magnificent card though, taking NOTHING away from it !

sierra79

Feb 15, 2016
Deland, Florida
Both cards can easily stand on their own. The on card Brock and Gibson has a lot going for it looks wonderful and has two great HOF's...but that being said I have to go with the Jeter as I am partial to the 90's inserts (especially those #'d to 100 or less). Also on card, it too has a clean signature and features a soon to be HOFer that is in a class of his own during his playing years. Nice stuff so far...can't wait to see what's next.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
It's a tough match up this should have been a finals match up not 1st round. 1996 a lot changed for card collecting low print run cards, 1st MLB signature set that many would follow in the following years. I know Donruss elite made a few single signatures in the early 90's and you had Minor League signatures. But this was the set that changed what the hobby is today as everyone jumped in on making signature cards after this set was made. I will not vote as this is my card I just feel this set had a major impact on the hobby and why I chose it.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Whatever card wins this round will win the whole bracket I'm guessing. Both are extremely nice cards.

Hard to vote against that Jeter though.

One more for Jeter but just a hair

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
I'm going for the dual - I lived in Omaha a long time and ate lunch at Gibson's regularly - so the edge goes to the dual!

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Wow. I love those cards. The dual auto just took it. Congrats Metallicalex777. Next bracket coming soon.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Here we go with Bracket 3:

attachment.php

We have a dual relic auto of Andre Ethier /106
attachment.php

and a Hi Tek auto of Dustin Pedroia /99
attachment.php

[MENTION=4937]alexs64[/MENTION] tell us about your card!

Attachments

• Bracket.jpg
    Bracket.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 67
  • alexs64 90-110 sized.jpg
    alexs64 90-110 sized.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 67
  • MisterT - 90-115 sized.jpg
    MisterT - 90-115 sized.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 71

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I chose the Pedroia for this one as I like the bold look of the auto on the Hi Tek cards and the action shot shows him looking (hopefully) towards the Green Monster as he is sending one out (I can wish, can't I?). It is just a sharp card in hand for sure.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Pedroia... On card, action and an ASU guy. The Either has one nice patch but the Auto doesn't pop.

Ryan

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Going with Pedroia myself.

I don't know how Topps selects it patches for cards but the patches on the Ethier card just don't mesh well. The autograph is too small. A lot of grey area on the card. There's no impression on me that acclaimed with that card.

The Tek card is a decent design for the set. When you buy Tek cards, you already know there are going to be funky back grounds. The auto is the standard MLB players (squiggle squiggly) auto but at least you can almost make it out. Decent action on the card, Pedroia looks to have hit into left center and he's watching it fly.

Fordman

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Man this is a tough one for me. I love the Pedroia since it is on card and it is a Tek card. Those are always great looking cards all around, and the cloud diffractor really adds to the image too. The Ethier, although a sticker auto, has a fantastic sleeve patch on it. I know that set is more miss than hit, but I've always liked the overall design of it. I'm going to have to go with the Pedroia on this one and mainly due to the on card auto (sorry [MENTION=4937]alexs64[/MENTION] )

Members online