Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

If there was a Baseball card Hall of Fame

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I was a Sport Collectors Digest junkie. In fact, anything Krause Publications put out (Baseball Cards, SCD, Tuff Stuff, Big thick annual book), I bought it. I bought Beckett as well but just thought the Krause stuff was more detailed and on the fun side of things with the hobby. Beckett was all business with page after page of nothing but prices for cards (I know, the Krause publications had prices too).

Fordman

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I preferred Krause publications myself. I thought the early Baseball Cards Magazine, which became SportCards Magazine were the best. Lots of articles that taught you something and many large color photos and then later, when it started to get plagued by ads, they added the fun replicards. I have the first 100 issues+.

I was a Sport Collectors Digest junkie. In fact, anything Krause Publications put out (Baseball Cards, SCD, Tuff Stuff, Big thick annual book), I bought it. I bought Beckett as well but just thought the Krause stuff was more detailed and on the fun side of things with the hobby. Beckett was all business with page after page of nothing but prices for cards (I know, the Krause publications had prices too).

Fordman

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013

Fordman

There are some blues and jazz songs that still remind me of those huge old SCD's. I started getting into jazz and blues and just got one of those multi CD changers and would sit there for hours looking through the ads. Must have been around 1993-1995. I was looking for ***** Leagues autos and pre internet they were not easy to find.

Scott F

Ghumbs

Oct 3, 2011
Seattle, WA
1991 Donruss Elite, 1997 Flair Legacy Masterpiece, 1997 Upper Deck Game Jersey, 1998 Donruss Crusade, 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Harvey Meiselman, Jack Smalling and SportsCollectors.net, for the autograph collector in me.
T206 for kinda getting everything started, then Fleer and Donruss for jumping in and starting the competition going.
DANNY

sierra79

Feb 15, 2016
Deland, Florida
What a great concept...I think FCB should actually make a committee and make some nominations.

For individuals I would have to include Dr. Beckett, Larry Fritsch, Sy Berger, Paul Sumner, and whoever the guy was who decided to put Griffey as the #1 card in '89 UD.

For the cards and products (in no particular order - just what comes to mind):

1. T206 Honus Wagner
2. '52 Topps Mickey Mantle (and the entire set too)
3. '89 Upper Deck Griffey Jr. RC (and the entire set as well)
4. '87 Donruss Bo Jackson RC (One of my favorite cards)
5. '93 Finest set
6. '86 Donruss Jose Canseco RC
8. '90 Topps Frank Thomas RC NNOF
9. '91 Donruss Elite set
10. '87 Donruss Opening Day Johnny Ray Error
11. '89 Upper Deck Dale Murphy Rev Neg
12. '93 SP set
13. '33 Goudey Nap Lajoie #1 06 (first time a card company 'created' a gimmick card)
14. '56 Topps set
15. '53 Bowman color set
16. '82 Fleer John Littlefield Rev Neg
17. '89 Fleer Billy Ripken Fudge Face
18. '96 Select set
19. '75 Topps set
20. '84 Donruss Don Mattingly RC

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
1997 and 1998 Collector's Choice Crash the Game Instant Win
1998 Collector's Choice StarQuest Home Run/100

How many of you have all 3 in your pc?

I have 1 of the 3

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I'm sure people here are experts of making websites.

Would be awesome to have something which is literally a one of a kind website which also drives traffic fcb.

BASEBALL CARD (or sports card) HALL OF FAME sponsored by FCB

DTA

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
'97 Flair Masterpieces have to be in there as well

Strongly agree that '96 Select Certified (specifically the Mirrors) and the '97 Upper Deck Game Jersey 3-player set should be in there as well.

Could start compiling a list of all "nominees" and FCB members could vote (see MisterT's PC tournaments) to see what gets in for this "inaugural" year - 75% gets in, just like BWAA.

Members online