Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*** Meet The METS -All things NY Mets related ***

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WaxPax

From Mets Blog....hmmmm

[h=1]Wilpon says Mets are working on something…[/h]November 13th, 2013 12:19 pmJeff Wilpon said the team was working late Tuesday, meeting with teams, agents and one player and they will “hopefully” have an announcement on something late Wednesday (McCullough, Ackert, Lennon).
“We’re open for business,” Wilpon said (Lennon). “I’d say there’s three, four, five different balls in the air. We’ll see which one lands first.”

WaxPax

....and in true Mets form.....::facepalm::

[h=1]Mets announce promotional schedule, fans were anticipating more[/h]Jeff Wilpon suggested the Mets might make an announcement today, after saying the team had been meeting with agents and other teams the night before. Sandy Alderson was reportedly confused by Wilpon’s statement about the team possibly making news today.
The organization later sent out a press release announcing promotional events and ticket opportunities, much to the disappointment of online fans expecting to hear about a new player acquisition.

WaxPax

I guess it can't hurt to ask....

"The Mets seem to be asking teams for young pitching when discussing Daniel Murphy and Davis, according to Andy Martino of the Daily News. For instance, they asked the Orioles about Dylan Bundy, but were immediately turned down."

Can't imagine why the O's turned this deal down .....

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Freedom Card Board mobile app

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
File that signing under...."Huh??"

File that signing under "can't wait to see him running the bases... Haha

And yeah [MENTION=3662]WaxPax[/MENTION], I guess, but it seems like a lot of money, but I guess the market is inflated this winter, and exroiders are still getting paid too

WaxPax

It's a better deal for the Mets, than some of the other FA SP signings, Feldman 3/30M , Hudson 2/23M (coming off injury), Nolasco 4/49M

File that signing under "can't wait to see him running the bases... Haha

And yeah @WaxPax, I guess, but it seems like a lot of money, but I guess the market is inflated this winter, and exroiders are still getting paid too

WaxPax

From Mets Blog:

9:06 am: The Mets selected RHP Seth Rosin from Triple-A Lehigh Valley in the Phillies organization.
Rosin, 25, started 23 games for Double-A Reading, going 9-6 with a 4.33 ERA and 1.224 WHIP in 2013. He walked 35 while striking out 96 batters in 126 2/3 innings last season.
9:08 am: The Mets did not lose anyone in the Major League phase of the Rule 5 draft.

WaxPax

Well, that was short lived.....

[h=1]Dodgers Acquire Seth Rosin[/h]By Steve Adams [December 12 at 9:26am CST]
The Mets have traded right-hander Seth Rosin -- their selection in this morning's Rule 5 Draft -- to the Dodgers, tweets MLB.com's Ken Gurnick. GM Sandy Alderson had told reporters (including ESPN's Adam Rubin) earlier this morning that he had worked out a deal to send Rosin to another team for a player to be named later (Twitter links).

WaxPax

Been a while since I posted in this thread ..... figured I'd revive it....

While the Met's wallow near the bottom of the NL East, we can take solis in the fact that our farm teams are thriving, as evident by their W/L records ....All are in first place except Binghamton, who are in third at the moment...

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
These record setting Mets!!

"The Mets have set a major-league record for last names with a lower-case “d,” all on one roster at one time, with Travis d’Arnaud, Jacob deGrom and Matt den Dekker."

WaxPax

Well, with d'Arnaud hitting more like Drew Butera, than Mike Piazza, he won't be long for the MLB roster (hopefully)......Seriously Drew Butera is hitting better than d'Arnaud through 1/3 of the season

These record setting Mets!!

"The Mets have set a major-league record for last names with a lower-case “d,” all on one roster at one time, with Travis d’Arnaud, Jacob deGrom and Matt den Dekker."

WaxPax

Hopefully he finds his stroke in LV, and builds some confidence.

The Mets demoted rookie CXTravis d’ArnaudXto Triple-A Las VegasXafter Saturday’s loss to the Giants.

D’Arnaud, who recently described his play as ‘unacceptable,’ had been 3-for-26 since returning fromXdisabled list for a concussion.

He is hitting .180 with three home runs and nine RBI inX145 plate appearancesXthis season. He hit just .202 in 31 games with the MetsXlast season.

Triple-A CXTaylor TeagardenXwill replace d’Arnaud on the roster.

Teagarden, 30, isXhitting .279 with .402 OBP, 8 HR and 19 RBI with Las Vegas.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Hopefully he finds his stroke in LV, and builds some confidence.

The Mets demoted rookie CXTravis d’ArnaudXto Triple-A Las VegasXafter Saturday’s loss to the Giants.

D’Arnaud, who recently described his play as ‘unacceptable,’ had been 3-for-26 since returning fromXdisabled list for a concussion.

He is hitting .180 with three home runs and nine RBI inX145 plate appearancesXthis season. He hit just .202 in 31 games with the MetsXlast season.

Triple-A CXTaylor TeagardenXwill replace d’Arnaud on the roster.

Teagarden, 30, isXhitting .279 with .402 OBP, 8 HR and 19 RBI with Las Vegas.

You called it

WaxPax

So the question is, does his demotion block Plawecki from getting promoted to LV? Both guys need to play every day, especially Plawecki on the defensive side. They could DH them back and forth I guess with TDA getting more ab's as a DH. Should be interesting over the next few weeks, when the Mets usually promote top performers to the next level after their respective leagues ASG .....

You called it

WaxPax

AAAA star in the making for d'Arnaud or does he rebound and hit at the MLB level???? Has more HR's and nearly as many RBI's in just 6 games at LV than he did in 40 with the big club....Now it is LV so take it for what it's worth

TeamLeagueAVGGABRH2B3BHRRBITBBBSOSBCSOBPSLGOPS
LVPCL.4176246101047233200.500.9581.458

Members online

Latest posts