Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Keith Olberman rips Barry Bonds a new one

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I never liked Bonds years before his PED days from an annual golf event he would do here with his father. I would always hear stories of the things he would do that in his mind made him out to be some God. On the other hand I am not a fan of Olberman either. All that tough talk behind a camera I would love to know how he would react to Bonds had they passed each other in a hotel lobby or an event. I doubt his chest would be out the way it is behind that camera in the studio. My favorite part though that I agree with is that Bonds will reflect on things voting time every year. Love him or hate him he sure stirs the pot.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Keith Olberman Is an ASS. Typical dumb-ass "reporter" trying to get his name in the headlines. Wow, good timing to act all high and mighty. Bonds is a Giants legend. He is a baseball legend. He's one if the best that ever played. He also made some mistakes. Give him time. I don't doubt for a second it's a sport he loves. Ughhh... Mother that jacka@@ Olberman said even makes sense except to try to grab a headline. It worked I guess, someone posted it here...

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
I'm pretty certain if Olberman was to bump into him in a hallway, he would run for his life. Bonds would squish him like a baseball coming off his roided up bat.

budvandall

Mar 11, 2012
Myrtle Beach, SC
IMO both have their issues. That being said, I have never had a problem with roid guys. MLB and everyone who attacks these guys now are hypocrites. MLB, GMs, coaches, and fans turned a blind eye to this problem especially in the 1990s. "chicks love the long ball" was marketed by MLB after the strike to get people back to the ballparks. One could argue that they helped save baseball. Without them, there would have been no home run chase of 1998. I knew in the mid 90s that roids where big. I could see the body changes and knew how they got that way.

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
He was an amazing hitter, I'll give him that. He was never a media darling, you knew what you got from him. Performance on the field.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Well he slipped in HOF balloting this year (his 2nd), and I don't know what weight that carries for him, but I imagine he's kind of bored being vilified everywhere, and might be trying to rehab his image in the arena where he spent his entire life.

IMHO, Olbermann is still kind of over the top with this screed, though. I mean, deal with it already. Its not like you personally held the record before Bonds.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Hate Olberman but love this. Bonds is a bigger ***** than Mays and that is really saying something. I love that every once in awhile his name is brought up because it reminds me that for every Bonds and Mays there is/was an Aaron and Musial.

weight333

May 28, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Well, I suppose I should get my two cents in...haha. It's really easy for Olbermann or anyone sitting back to say they would decline a $20 mil/year contract but when it's reality, it's a completely different story. Let's remember many of these guys helped save the game after the strike. I'm not condoning PED use but I can understand why guys did it and continue to do it. Schilling would have never pitched the bloody sock game in the 04 WS without cortico steroids. No one has an issue with that though. Bud Selig is the biggest hypocrite in the game. Anyone involved in MLB operations back then had some idea about what was going on. There's enough blame to go around. It's just that Bonds was the best player in the game at the time and he continues to be the scapegoat.

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
If he were rehabbing his image, wouldn't he take a different route with the media, knowing that his troubled past with them has led some to sour on his HOF votes?

snakebit95

Nov 20, 2010
Montgomery, AL
Well, I suppose I should get my two cents in...haha. It's really easy for Olbermann or anyone sitting back to say they would decline a $20 mil/year contract but when it's reality, it's a completely different story. Let's remember many of these guys helped save the game after the strike. I'm not condoning PED use but I can understand why guys did it and continue to do it. Schilling would have never pitched the bloody sock game in the 04 WS without cortico steroids. No one has an issue with that though. Bud Selig is the biggest hypocrite in the game. Anyone involved in MLB operations back then had some idea about what was going on. There's enough blame to go around. It's just that Bonds was the best player in the game at the time and he continues to be the scapegoat.

Well said!!

Members online