Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 Topps TEK Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
From looking at pictures, the Black Rainbow just looks to be a flat black color parallel, like the gold; while the Black Galactic is a diffractor pretty much the same as last year's 1/1 charcoal galactic. I could be wrong though, these things are tough to gauge in pics.

blast. why make two 1/1 black cards, and then have one be shiny and one not? why not just make different colors??? all rhetorical questions, no responses needed :)

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Definitely a bigger fan of the 2014 set. Passed on all the Goldschmidt's I've seen, not a big fan of the design on the base or the insert set I see him in. Might pick up one or two, but mostly avoiding this for now.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
They've got a few upgrades. I think more downgrades though, but probably a handful of sidesteps. Not a bad product though. Had this been released first I would have been happy. I don't feel they came close to building on what was successful in '14 as is evident by their pattern and color choices. Once I have more than a couple minutes of free time, I'll type out my full thoughts on the product.

I'm not doing the full run again though this year though. It's not fair to the other McGwire horders to steal all that fun two years in a row. It really was one of the most enjoyable chases! :)

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
[MENTION=1983]onionring9[/MENTION] has a better rainbow if he'll post it up here, but I'm done with my non 1/1s except for the Red Auto. Lost out on the non-auto 1/1 diffractor, but I think there is a 2nd pattern one, like the reds.

1448326761871.jpg
1448326771382.jpg

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Here is my progress so far ... though, I have a sky asian /15 incoming as well!

20151115_092213.jpg

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Nice guys! I wish McGwire had more cards but seems he didn't sign much again this year. Someone told me there was a rumored stripe red but I don't think that's true. Looks like this is it for the non 1/1's.

2015_tek_strip1.jpg

2015_tek_strip2.jpg

2015_tek_strip3.jpg

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Definitely a bigger fan of the 2014 set. Passed on all the Goldschmidt's I've seen, not a big fan of the design on the base or the insert set I see him in. Might pick up one or two, but mostly avoiding this for now.

I lied.

Members online