Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage and hall of fame patches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
06ExquisiteGRCPatch3.jpg

06-Exquisite-Triple-TCG.jpg

Bonds-TT-frt.jpg

Bonds-TT-back.jpg
That's awesome!

Collecting: Phil Bickford, Brandon Wood (still), Yankees and Rockies

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I'll play the Debbie Downer roll and state that I dislike it being 3 Dodgers and a Cardinal. For the cost, I'd want the "perfect" card and it doesn't fit. Still a nice card, no denying, just with Stanky was replaced with another LA Dodger.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
I'll play the Debbie Downer roll and state that I dislike it being 3 Dodgers and a Cardinal. For the cost, I'd want the "perfect" card and it doesn't fit. Still a nice card, no denying, just with Stanky was replaced with another LA Dodger.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

Stanky was a Brooklyn Dodger from 44-47, don't know why they didn't at least go with that

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Almost too much pain for me :)

He and Tony (mlbsalltimegreats) the two most impressive HOF prime patch collections I've come across

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
they really did!

their collections and [MENTION=1897]jcmint[/MENTION] are show quality...

Yeah it's been getting tougher to look at Joe's pickup threads since I've been trying to downsize, he always has something ridiculous I've never seen :). We've done some high-end deals he's a great guy, very nice in person too.

I'm not surprised Kurt stepped into the vintage field, I've wanted to as well but I can only buy graded cards as I have no idea what to look for in raw vintage. When I started selling off my HOF prime patch duplicates to get a Ruth - which was the last guy I needed - he never came up for sale so I bought a few lower grade t206 HOFers and fell in love with the cards in person. The HOF game used market is so overly saturated too it's becoming a little sad, it's crazy what some of the HOFers who were once in the $100+ range sell for now. I also personally feel like quality control has gotten worse over the years or companies just aren't doing as much due diligence as they were in the early 2000s with the game used stuff. I've seen way too many pieces that should be a wool patch but are a modern material and jersey colors that the player never wore, etc. I'd love to see what Kurt's amassed vintage wise if it's anything like his game used collection it's probably museum quality

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Always a pleasure seeing you bud. I should merge a few of my latest buy threads and post them. Id like to think the older patch stuff will always be in high demand. Kurts vintage collection is insane. He has a really nice 52 topps set. He also also one of the best guys youll ever come across.

Yeah it's been getting tougher to look at Joe's pickup threads since I've been trying to downsize, he always has something ridiculous I've never seen :). We've done some high-end deals he's a great guy, very nice in person too.

I'm not surprised Kurt stepped into the vintage field, I've wanted to as well but I can only buy graded cards as I have no idea what to look for in raw vintage. When I started selling off my HOF prime patch duplicates to get a Ruth - which was the last guy I needed - he never came up for sale so I bought a few lower grade t206 HOFers and fell in love with the cards in person. The HOF game used market is so overly saturated too it's becoming a little sad, it's crazy what some of the HOFers who were once in the $100+ range sell for now. I also personally feel like quality control has gotten worse over the years or companies just aren't doing as much due diligence as they were in the early 2000s with the game used stuff. I've seen way too many pieces that should be a wool patch but are a modern material and jersey colors that the player never wore, etc. I'd love to see what Kurt's amassed vintage wise if it's anything like his game used collection it's probably museum quality

1998 SPx

Jun 11, 2014
10 of 10.jpg
How about a Dizzy Dean game used glove.

IMG_20170301_0005.jpg
And a Rogers Hornsby patch.

Looking for 2016 National Treasures Juan Gonzalez cards!

Last edited:

Members online