Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bryce Harper Wins NL ROY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Harper winning is good for the hobby

at least through spring training or MLB opening day. Looking at the previous NL ROY's back to 1980, I think only two players have any overall hobby love -- Pujols and Piazza. The rest are who cares (jason jennings, chris sabo, dontrelle willis types) or only get love from their fans or fans from their clubs (posey, howard, braun types).

EDIT: That's why ROY is meaningless to me - players at least back to 1980 have had a good rookie campaign but usually don't amount to much let alone a HOF career. I bet Harper autos will be $30-50 in a few years since you don't get overall hobby love to drive prices but rather just competition from harper collectors and nats collectors.

Last edited:

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
I'm a big Frazier fan and think it easily should have been Harper. Both Todd and Miley faded while Bryce surged in September.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
at least through spring training or MLB opening day. Looking at the previous NL ROY's back to 1980, I think only two players have any overall hobby love -- Pujols and Piazza. The rest are who cares (jason jennings, chris sabo, dontrelle willis types) or only get love from their fans or fans from their clubs (posey, howard, braun types).

EDIT: That's why ROY is meaningless to me - players at least back to 1980 have had a good rookie campaign but usually don't amount to much let alone a HOF career. I bet Harper autos will be $30-50 in a few years since you don't get overall hobby love to drive prices but rather just competition from harper collectors and nats collectors.

Which Harper Autos? RCs? if you mean RC Auto's a wager may be in order. please let us know

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
I'm a big Frazier fan and think it easily should have been Harper. Both Todd and Miley faded while Bryce surged in September.
This helped A LOT. Harpers best month was September which happened to be Miley/Frazier worst month. Makes a big difference.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Which Harper Autos? RCs? if you mean RC Auto's a wager may be in order. please let us know

yes, "Who Farted?"'s RC's will only bring less than half what they do now in 5-10 years (i.e. $1,000+ current autos numbered more than 25 copies will be less than $500 and ones at the $200-300 level probably will be under $100.). Harper will be struck with the ROY curse and be more like Scott Williamson or Chris Sabo or Jason Jennings than he is Albert Pujols, Ryan Howard or Ryan Braun.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Think this is only the beginning for bryce. he could be good for a long time.

Harper certinly has the tools, talent, and power to become a 'super star'.

However we all know it is not always a simple path even with the best 'stuff', but I do wish him well and hope for the best!

Last edited:

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
yes, "Who Farted?"'s RC's will only bring less than half what they do now in 5-10 years (i.e. $1,000+ current autos numbered more than 25 copies will be less than $500 and ones at the $200-300 level probably will be under $100.). Harper will be struck with the ROY curse and be more like Scott Williamson or Chris Sabo or Jason Jennings than he is Albert Pujols, Ryan Howard or Ryan Braun.

thats not "$30 - $50" ;)

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Harper certinly has the tools, talent, and power to become a 'super star'.

However we all know it is not always a simple path even with the best 'stuff', but I do wish him well and hope for the best!
Well if previous ROY winners tell us anything, it's that he definitely has a good shot. Over the past several years the only ROY winners who didn't become a star player are: Coghlan, Soto(had a couple good seasons), and Crosby.

Members online

Latest posts