Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

SF Giants talk and collecting thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
Now Adrianza goes down with a concussion. What's up with all the head injuries this year?

Giants call up Kevin Frandsen, who was a broken prospect from years ago. Giants are having to dig pretty deep just to field a healthy team.

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
Impressive display from rookie Jarrett Parker today. The cynical fans are calling him Jarrett Bowker. Parker seems like a better athlete than Bowker was though.

I noticed this back when Parker's Elite Extra Edition card came out.

His base auto is on-card, but his #/50 auto is a sticker.

2010Parker580.jpg 2010Parker50.jpg

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
Well then...... maybe the Giants prospects in Bowman Draft and Elite Extra Edition will be a little cheaper this off-season?

If the Giants can land two solid starting pitchers this off-season, they're gonna get that even-year mojo going again in 2016.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I hope the Mets sweep La. I think this a good season all things considered. If you would have told me matt duffy would be the starter at third, hunter would play very little and after Madison u had inconsistent pitching i wouldn't think theyd last til the end of the season. Best title defense year yet

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
Cubbies bite the dust.

While it was a fun ride, and even I thought it'd be kinda cool to see the Cubs make it all the way.... I'm not sad that some element of karma caught up with them....

Hunter.

Nori.

The season may have turned out a lot different if Pence and Aoki didn't get taken off the board. Ah, who knows.

Go... oh, I don't even care. Royals? Yeah. Sure. Go Royals.

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
A few upgrades and/or additions to my Giants rookie collection:
2007Williams.jpg2008Joaquin25.jpg2011Gearrin.jpg

And the DuffMan himself...
2015Duffy.jpg

Plus, more gold (and other #/<50) for the hoard.....

2004Hedrick.jpg2008Pucetas.jpg2011Joseph50.jpg2013Blackburn25.jpg2013EscobarBW.jpg
2013Williamson50.jpg2014Arroyo.jpg2014Davis.jpg2014Flores50.jpg2014Garcia.jpg
2014Heston.jpg2015Mella.jpg2015Okert.jpg2015Ysla.jpg

Last edited:

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
I'm hoping him and bickford . I have some leaf bickford and fox autos but nothing compares to Bowman chrome
I kinda hope they DON'T, so I don't have to spend more money. ;)I've never really been interested in Leaf cards, and have been content to not pursue them. I focus on Topps sets, then Panini.

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
It helps keep autos affordable. U going to the show n SF this weekend?

No on the show. I haven't been to a real card show since Kevin Martin was with the Sacramento Kings (he was signing).

Giants just declined Byrd and Aoki. Not surprised on Byrd, but kinda shocked on Aoki. Dude was pretty good. Prior to getting his leg broken in late June, he was hitting .317/.383/.385. No power, but nice for lea off in a healthy lineup with guys like Panik, Posey, and Pence hitting behind him. I guess they're expecting Pagan to be back to full throttle next season.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
No on the show. I haven't been to a real card show since Kevin Martin was with the Sacramento Kings (he was signing).

Giants just declined Byrd and Aoki. Not surprised on Byrd, but kinda shocked on Aoki. Dude was pretty good. Prior to getting his leg broken in late June, he was hitting .317/.383/.385. No power, but nice for lea off in a healthy lineup with guys like Panik, Posey, and Pence hitting behind him. I guess they're expecting Pagan to be back to full throttle next season.

And I guess Parker and Williamson impressed them enough to not sign Aoki? I too am confused by that, he was such a great pickup outside of injuries

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
And I guess Parker and Williamson impressed them enough to not sign Aoki? I too am confused by that, he was such a great pickup outside of injuries

Either that or they're freeing up funds to go bonkers on a FA arm.

Saw a cleaver observation about Nori Aoki on Twitter today: Aoki spent the last 2 seasons in KC and SF, but has no rings to show for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts