Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is this a case of buyer's remorse?? Opinions wnated/needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Give me your honest opinion on this card as I sold it on eBay to a buyer. Immediately shipped the card in a bubble mailer, penny sleeve, Top Loader and a Team Bag. As soon as the buyer get the card he messages me and says this

“Hey i just got the card and its not brand new theres whitening on the corners and for that price i have to return it and next time someones drops over 200$ on card how hard is it to actually protect it not just slide it into a bubble mailer without any cardboard or anything?! i will send it back promptly using prority mail i wish you woulda described the card better to me so i didnt buy it in the first place but message me back as soon as ya can so i can ship it out, thanks!”

Fine so I simply tell him to ship the card back and I will refund him the money. I get the card back refund his money and asked him if he could please let me know where the whitening on the corners are so that I can mention it as I don’t see where he is talking about. He responds:

“Hey it was the back two corners that had the whitening i was gonna get it graded so i was extra hard on the card but i could see it with just eyeing it so under a loop itd be alot more obvious but some collecters might not mind at all, id just suggest putting the listing as like new instead of brand new and just take a better picture of the back straight on and add it to the listing amd im sure the next buyer will have no problems with it , once again thanks for making the return easy and being understanding and goodluck!”

Please look at these pictures of the back four corners and tell me what I am missing? I am looking for honest opinions because I may be missing something. Or is this just a case of buyer’s remorse. Before I hastily block him I want to see if I am seeing this correctly. Thanks

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
sorry that happened. seems ebay has a bunch of people looking to buy cards and gem them and if they don't think it will happen, they want refunds.

ebay has really created a monster with their policy...

Thanks Philly. Im OK with people returning cards as it is the nature of the beast. I think i just got a little miffed that it felt like he was attacking my integrity. First the shipping aspect then as if I was misleading him on the listing. He also told me that i listed the card as brand new and not like new so i was being deceiving. Nowhere in my listing did i say Gem mint or anything of the sort. Just really Frustrating!!

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Thanks Philly. Im OK with people returning cards as it is the nature of the beast. I think i just got a little miffed that it felt like he was attacking my integrity. First the shipping aspect then as if I was misleading him on the listing. He also told me that i listed the card as brand new and not like new so i was being deceiving. Nowhere in my listing did i say Gem mint or anything of the sort. Just really Frustrating!!

I can only imagine!

I don't really see what he's talking about which makes it worse.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I can only imagine!

I don't really see what he's talking about which makes it worse.

Yes it does... LOL I am glad I am not crazy. Funny, when he first reached out to me on the card he was being a PITA and was difficult. I told my wife, I really shouldn't even work with this guy cause I have a bad feeling. Sure enough I should have trusted my intuition. Live and learn.

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
He just sounds like he is PITA I would just move on, he probably over spent and had buyers remorse but didn't want to admit that so he made up 3 or four things and figured one might make sense to you on why he was retuning it. It's just one of those things with eBay, I just remind myself that 95 percent of my eBay deals are hassle free so I just have to accept that 1 in 20 will suck to some degree or another. Hopefully your next 19 deals will go smoothly now.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
He just sounds like he is PITA I would just move on, he probably over spent and had buyers remorse but didn't want to admit that so he made up 3 or four things and figured one might make sense to you on why he was retuning it. It's just one of those things with eBay, I just remind myself that 95 percent of my eBay deals are hassle free so I just have to accept that 1 in 20 will suck to some degree or another. Hopefully your next 19 deals will go smoothly now.

Hopefully, I do plan on blocking him though as not worth the headache in the future.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
carmine_318

I know a dude on Youtube and Facebook named Carmine. Cannot remember his Youtube ID. Not sure if it's one and the same ...

And, I have no clue what he's seeing, besides spending more than he wanted on a card and being pissed now. I'm glad I don't have buyers remorse for all the gems I've purchased.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I know a dude on Youtube and Facebook named Carmine. Cannot remember his Youtube ID. Not sure if it's one and the same ...

And, I have no clue what he's seeing, besides spending more than he wanted on a card and being pissed now. I'm glad I don't have buyers remorse for all the gems I've purchased.

I really hope that Carr blows up again this week and I sell it for 75 more thank he paid ;) Or maybe grade the darn thing and see what it gets.

gitarst182

Sep 17, 2011
Washington
I really hope that Carr blows up again this week and I sell it for 75 more thank he paid ;) Or maybe grade the darn thing and see what it gets.

Me too as I'm starting him over Rodgers and Newton this week. But clearly buyers remorse. Luckily this has never happened to me but I have been a victim of my own tipsy bidding before as well. But that's never the sellers fault!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Me too as I'm starting him over Rodgers and Newton this week. But clearly buyers remorse. Luckily this has never happened to me but I have been a victim of my own tipsy bidding before as well. But that's never the sellers fault!

I started Carr over Rodgers too ! Last minute gut warning so, I said **** it and went with Carr. So far ... so good !

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA

I too have had some tipsy purchases and said OH crap but always followed through. :) but Carr had another bigbday today

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Hahaha OMG I once started a Reggie bush collection after several shots of patron. Luckily I got outbid on some way overpriced cards

LOL. Yes, Patron will do that to you.... Lucked out on that one. :) I myself am a Jack drinker.. I don't even remember bidding sometimes. HAHAHA.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts