Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

********Good Morning Thread ~ Thursday 11/19********

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Good morning everyone.

I have a question this morning. I bought an unscratched Andre Dawson redemption off eBay and the seller sent it to me in an envelope with no penny sleeve and no top loader. I know most people probably don't collect these but I do collect them and I won't scratch this one and I was upset when I received it in that condition. I was considering leaving a negative feedback but wanted to see if it is acceptable to send redemption cards this way first. Thanks everyone.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
I should have taken a pic of the card this morning before I left my house but it is not "damaged" beyond enjoyable viewing condition but the corners are of course beat up from shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/391309546957

2015 Andre Dawson Topps Five Tools 5 Star /25 Auto On Card Signed Cubs SSP HOF

Ugh, that's pretty obnoxious. I'm not sure it deserves a negative, probably neutral at most and definitely 1 star for shipping. Charging $3 for shipping implicitly says that the redemption will be shipped as would any other card, i.e., in a toploader and padded envelope. Interesting that the additional shipping fee per extra card is more than he spent on shipping yours.

It may be worth shooting him a note and asking for a refund on the shipping cost.

One other note: It could be argued that since he lists a lot of items (247 currently), he simply applied the same $3 shipping cost to all of them. However, a brief glace through them shows photos and mini helmets for sale with $10 shipping, a CD with $8 shipping, and a baseball with $9 shipping, so clearly he does pay some degree of attention to the variance between the costs of shipping different items. Generally speaking his shipping costs just seem high.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Ugh, that's pretty obnoxious. I'm not sure it deserves a negative, probably neutral at most and definitely 1 star for shipping. Charging $3 for shipping implicitly says that the redemption will be shipped as would any other card, i.e., in a toploader and padded envelope. Interesting that the additional shipping fee per extra card is more than he spent on shipping yours.

It may be worth shooting him a note and asking for a refund on the shipping cost.

One other note: It could be argued that since he lists a lot of items (247 currently), he simply applied the same $3 shipping cost to all of them. However, a brief glace through them shows photos and mini helmets for sale with $10 shipping, a CD with $8 shipping, and a baseball with $9 shipping, so clearly he does pay some degree of attention to the variance between the costs of shipping different items. Generally speaking his shipping costs just seem high.

Thanks, I will send him a message first and see what he says.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
A big city lawyer went duck hunting in South Louisiana. He shot and dropped a bird, but it fell into a farmer's field on the other side of a fence. As the lawyer climbed over the fence, an elderly farmer drove up on his tractor and asked him what he was doing. The litigator responded, "I shot a duck and it fell in this field, and now I'm going into retrieve it."

The old farmer replied. "This is my property, and you are not coming over here."

The indignant lawyer said, "I am one of the best trial attorneys in the U.S. If you don't let me get that duck, I'll sue you and take everything you own."

The old farmer smiled and said, "Apparently, you don't know how we do things in Louisiana. We settle small disagreements like this with the Louisiana Three Kick Rule."

The lawyer asked, "What is the Louisiana Three Kick Rule?"

The Farmer replied. "Well, first I kick you three times and then you kick me three times, and so on, back and forth, until someone gives up."

The attorney quickly thought about the proposed contest and decided that he could easily take the old codger. He agreed to abide by the local custom. The old farmer slowly climbed down from the tractor and walked up to the city feller.

His first kick planted the toe of his heavy work boot into the lawyer's groin and dropped him to his knees where he immediately vomited. The geezer's second kick nearly ripped the man's nose off his face. The barrister was flat on his belly when the farmer's third kick to a kidney nearly caused him to give up.

The lawyer summoned every bit of his dark heart and vengeful will, managed to get to his feet, and said, "Okay, you old coot; now it's my turn."

The geezer smiled and said, "Naw, I give up. You can have the duck."

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
A big city lawyer went duck hunting in South Louisiana. He shot and dropped a bird, but it fell into a farmer's field on the other side of a fence. As the lawyer climbed over the fence, an elderly farmer drove up on his tractor and asked him what he was doing. The litigator responded, "I shot a duck and it fell in this field, and now I'm going into retrieve it."

The old farmer replied. "This is my property, and you are not coming over here."

The indignant lawyer said, "I am one of the best trial attorneys in the U.S. If you don't let me get that duck, I'll sue you and take everything you own."

The old farmer smiled and said, "Apparently, you don't know how we do things in Louisiana. We settle small disagreements like this with the Louisiana Three Kick Rule."

The lawyer asked, "What is the Louisiana Three Kick Rule?"

The Farmer replied. "Well, first I kick you three times and then you kick me three times, and so on, back and forth, until someone gives up."

The attorney quickly thought about the proposed contest and decided that he could easily take the old codger. He agreed to abide by the local custom. The old farmer slowly climbed down from the tractor and walked up to the city feller.

His first kick planted the toe of his heavy work boot into the lawyer's groin and dropped him to his knees where he immediately vomited. The geezer's second kick nearly ripped the man's nose off his face. The barrister was flat on his belly when the farmer's third kick to a kidney nearly caused him to give up.

The lawyer summoned every bit of his dark heart and vengeful will, managed to get to his feet, and said, "Okay, you old coot; now it's my turn."

The geezer smiled and said, "Naw, I give up. You can have the duck."

Lol

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Good morning all. [MENTION=4428]MrMet[/MENTION] thoughts and prayers but I'm sure all will be fine. [MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION] I'd ask for a shipping refund but you're not redeeming that?

lonesomeagle1

Aug 7, 2008
Northwest NJ
Morning all
attachment.php

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Thanks for all the well wishes guys! The patient is out of anesthesia and breathing on his own in the recovery room and mom and dad will be taken back to see him in a minute

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Good morning all. [MENTION=4428]MrMet[/MENTION] thoughts and prayers but I'm sure all will be fine. [MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION] I'd ask for a shipping refund but you're not redeeming that?

No I am not redeeming it. I like to have an unredeemed redemption, a redeemed one, and the actual card. You know how hard it is to get these redemption cards unredeemed? I will pick the actual card up when they start hitting eBay.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Morning... [MENTION=4428]MrMet[/MENTION] hope all went well, [MENTION=1759]magicpapa[/MENTION] , good one...

Ryan

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
[MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION] neg him. Card did not arrive as described. Open and shut case.

Members online