Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

need one new manager for a 17-year old keeper baseball league ASAP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
i hate to have to do this last minute , but my 17-year-old keeper league has apparently lost a longtime member unexpectedly this season.....our draft is next sunday at 8 pm et ...the keeper declaration deadline was midnight last night , but if i can find one manager to take the reins of the owner-less team , i can extend that deadline an extra day or two ....

if anyone is interested , please shoot me a PM here or an e-mail at [email protected] and i'll get an invitation to you when i get home this evening...i do have this posted on one other site so should i get more than one response , the team will be available to the first reply i get based on time stamp of the pm or e-mail...

thanks !

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
yes.....i THINK i have the slot filled (just awaiting a reply with his e-mail so i can send the sign-up invitation)....

that said , even if we get the new manager this year , we would still be looking to add at least one , and preferably three more teams next year for baseball as well as add 2 more teams for basketball....if you're interested in being an expansion team next year , let me know - we'd love to have you on board.....

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Sure, but how would an expansion team in a keeper league work, wouldn't any new team coming in to a keeper league be at a large disadvantage?

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
i replied to this before leaving town today but it appears to have vanished and i see gilmo running a "thread test" so i'm assuming that has something to do with the disappearance....

shorter version for now in case it goes poof again....

when we expand we have a 2-stage expansion draft ...all current teams protect roughly half their keepers and the new team(s) then draft one player from each existing team....next the existing team protect an additional number of players before the new teams each take one more from each old team....after this stage of the expansion draft , ALL teams finalize their keepers before we hold the entry draft....

so far we've held expansion in both baseball and basketball and in all but one case (a new owner who ended up being completely inactive after the draft) the new teams were competitive from the start....

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
i replied to this before leaving town today but it appears to have vanished and i see gilmo running a "thread test" so i'm assuming that has something to do with the disappearance....

shorter version for now in case it goes poof again....

when we expand we have a 2-stage expansion draft ...all current teams protect roughly half their keepers and the new team(s) then draft one player from each existing team....next the existing team protect an additional number of players before the new teams each take one more from each old team....after this stage of the expansion draft , ALL teams finalize their keepers before we hold the entry draft....

so far we've held expansion in both baseball and basketball and in all but one case (a new owner who ended up being completely inactive after the draft) the new teams were competitive from the start....

I saw and responded back, that it sounds interesting and I'd be in if you needed. And I think someone else replied they'd be in if needed, I believe it was [MENTION=2759]Therion[/MENTION]

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
I saw and responded back, that it sounds interesting and I'd be in if you needed. And I think someone else replied they'd be in if needed, I believe it was @Therion

cool....i was out all day and missd both replies.....when i got home , i did reply to another thread at 7:45 and that post vanished soon after as well....hope everything is ok/back to normal soon....

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
will keep you both in mind when registration time rolls around next year.....if either of you are interested in basketball as well , let me know....have room to expand by 4-6 teams over the next year or two in that sport as well....

Members online

Latest posts