Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Arranging my collection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
As a team collector, it's not as easy to sort and file my collection as it would be for a player collector. Right now I use 9 pocket pages and I'd like to keep it that way due to ease of looking through it. Right now, I just put the next guy I get in into the next spot into the page, but id like to get some more organization going.
I was thinking of starting with the 1962 roster in alphabetical order, leaving open spots for guys I don't have, and then adding the new guys who played in '63, and then new additions for '64, and so on and so on.
Anyone think this is a good idea, does it suck? Do you do something different? Maybe better? Or do you have a better idea for me?

I know it would be easier to use a monster box, but I want to be able to look through everything easily at a whim, so that idea is out. Anything else?

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Sounds like you're not necessarily building team set? I like the idea of dividing into years and then alphabetically by player name.

For team sets, I do each team set in order of card number.

Sent from my Android using the Freedom Cardboard app.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Sounds like you're not necessarily building team set? I like the idea of dividing into years and then alphabetically by player name.

For team sets, I do each team set in order of card number.

Sent from my Android using the Freedom Cardboard app.

No, not team sets, just one autograph of every guy who ever played for the Mets

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I've all but given up on trying to find a good system! I've got too many that are on odd sized or baseballs, etc. It's maddening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
I've all but given up on trying to find a good system! I've got too many that are on odd sized or baseballs, etc. It's maddening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's not what I wanted to hear ;)

But that's why I'm trying for one, on a baseball card auto of every Mets player. I have other stuff signed by Tom Seaver, but since I don't have a baseball card signed by him, I don't count him yet.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I think your system sounds like a good one. My first response was going to be that you should straight alphabetize, but then you'd be rearranging every time someone debuts. I think having sections for debut by year (and alphabetical by year) is actually really cool. Having those empty slots, maybe with a little name sticker on them or something, would be motivating for me to make purchases. Maybe too much so...

eddiejr

Nov 8, 2015
I have a very similar PC goal except I'm trying to get an auto for every Yankee. While keeping your cards in a binder is nicer/easier to look at if you're really wanting to organize I would recommend a monster box (I keep my collection in numerous shoe boxes) and alphabetize them. It's so easy to find a specific card and even easier to add cards to it.
But... If you're dead set on using a binder then alphabetize and have multiple pages for each letter. For instance if there were 15 guys whose last name started with A then have 2 pages, even if you only have say 5 of the players. The rearranging shouldn't happen very often that way.

Have you by chance seen this guys Met auto collection?
http://theamazingsheastadiumautographproject.blogspot.com

I came across his blog a few years ago, his collection is awesome, he's definitely one of the inspirations for me to pursue the Yankee autos and to get custom cards made for ones that don't have players in a Yankee uni.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
So I'm starting to rethink already, and not liking the alphabetical aspect, thinking about keeping straight by debut date....

The other thing is, what do I do with players I have more than one auto of...a seperate alphabetical group, or just stick them in where they should go by debut? Leaning toward bunching them in with the debut date

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Have you by chance seen this guys Met auto collection?
http://theamazingsheastadiumautographproject.blogspot.com

I came across his blog a few years ago, his collection is awesome, he's definitely one of the inspirations for me to pursue the Yankee autos and to get custom cards made for ones that don't have players in a Yankee uni.

I have seen that actually, someone here once told me they were friends with that guy, it was a long time ago, don't even remember who told me about it...

But yeah. That is cool, although I do like having the actual cards, instead of the customs...but maybe for guys I don't have on Mets cards...have a long way to go until that tho

Members online

Latest posts