Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Community Tournament Guidelines and Upcoming Tournaments

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
This thread will be used for the guidelines and feedback on the community tournament. A separate thread will be used for the individual tournaments.

Tournament rules:

1. This is for fun. Let's try to remember that.
  2. Each card/item should only be submitted one time.
  3. Brackets are single elimination and the winner is based on votes from FCB members. Voting will generally be done over a 24-36 hour period. Each mini tournament will generally be completed in a week or so.
  4. Contestants will be paired randomly in the brackets unless you have more than one item in the tournament. If you do, your items will generally be paired to each other.
  5. Unless more scans are needed to fill out a tournament, an FCB member should only submit one scan per tournament. Exceptions can be made if a tournament does not fill.
  6. Every registered member of FCB gets one vote in each bracket. You can, but do not need to, vote for yourself. It is already implied.
  7. Rules are subject to change if there is a better way to do this or we decide that one of these rules is stupid.

A thought about comments…This is a good place for us to remember the golden rule “Comment on other people’s stuff as you would like them to comment on yours”.

Possible tournaments

• Autographed Cards (IP/TTM, cut, multi-player, etc.)
  • Relics (bat, patch, jersey/pants, other)
  • Specific team, player, year, brand, set, etc
  • Numbered cards
  • Type of card (plate, wood, metal, etc.)
  • Other memorabilia (balls, bats, bobble heads, jerseys, etc.)
  • Best card AIC pulled for you
  • Other ideas? Send them to me!

EDIT: More tournament ideas people sent in: Minor League, Errors, Rainbows, Rookies, Foreign cards. Keep them coming! Adding Inscriptions to the list.

Obviously not every tournament will appeal to every collector. If you don't have an item to submit for a tournament, drop into the thread to vote and comment. Let me know if you have a specific tournament you want to see happen.

Looking forward to seeing what we get.

Torrance

Last edited:

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Upcoming tournaments are:

- Card numbered between 90 - 115 (to cover the /99, /100, etc.)
- Multi player relic card
- Custom card
- Best card AIC pulled for you

If you want to participate, please PM me your submission (I will send you my email if you prefer that). As soon as I get at least 8 in a category we will start up that tournament.

Note: Please include the specific tournament your submission is for. Thanks

Last edited:

mizzouboy

Apr 24, 2013
Maybe a multisport and then a subcategory, so like basketball, baseball, football autos. Idk lol trying to remember all the other cool things you and I came up with when I ran this, lol....looks good so far, feels good to give you the owner role because you have more ideas, and more organization!

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
A couple suggestions instead of making it a certain set do something like best Rainbow, Auto Rainbow, numbered card and you can make different one's like /10, /25, /50, /100 and this would just be a guide as /23 can go with the /25 as /9 would go with /10. This way you get everyone involved.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Cool idea. For me a huge part of the experience of collecting is about the stories both the personal stories (collecting moments, going to games, family etc.) or the story of the players, the game etc. Topps tribute did a great job with that with cards commemorating events.

I'd love to see one on "the stories they tell" or something in that vein. Maybe a humor one as well.

And not sure if custom cards were mentioned (can't scroll up while typing this on my phone) but that would be fun.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
@MisterT - For the best card AIC pulled for you, does that need to be an PC card still owned?

Interesting...some thoughts on this...

1. No, you don't still need to own the card.
2. "Pulled" is a relative term. It could also come from a pack out, etc.
3. Know someone who got a great card from AIC? Tag them/PM them and let them know to show it off!

I know we have had some great pulls from AIC on here and it will be cool to see them together.

Thanks!

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Interesting...some thoughts on this...

1. No, you don't still need to own the card.
2. "Pulled" is a relative term. It could also come from a pack out, etc.
3. Know someone who got a great card from AIC? Tag them/PM them and let them know to show it off!

I know we have had some great pulls from AIC on here and it will be cool to see them together.

Thanks!

Awesome! The best ones get sold to fund the PC ;) One last question, for that one should it be a free for all or should we do two different ones, one auto'd and the other non auto'd? Doesn't matter to me, but I have two I have to submit as a choice and only one is auto'd.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Awesome! The best ones get sold to fund the PC ;) One last question, for that one should it be a free for all or should we do two different ones, one auto'd and the other non auto'd? Doesn't matter to me, but I have two I have to submit as a choice and only one is auto'd.

I think it will depend on how many submissions I get. I would love to break it up into auto/non auto/etc mini tournaments. Send both and let me know which one you want to use if there is only 1 tournament. If we can run more than 1 I will let you know and we can sort the cards out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts