Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cuddyer retiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
The news broke late last night/early this morning. Supposedly he has a post to the players tribune. Still had one year left on his contract at 12.5 mil, wonder what happens with that? Does he just leave it on the table? Do the Mets give him a buyout? Why did he do it? I know his numbers were slipping, but this seems pretty unprecedented (although there have been a few guys to retire and leave money on the table).
Post up your Cuddy cards, stories, etc.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
He was one of my favorite Twin's when he played here. Seemed like a class act, pretty good player and a sweet looking signature.

smellem.jpg

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
The news broke late last night/early this morning. Supposedly he has a post to the players tribune. Still had one year left on his contract at 12.5 mil, wonder what happens with that? Does he just leave it on the table? Do the Mets give him a buyout? Why did he do it? I know his numbers were slipping, but this seems pretty unprecedented (although there have been a few guys to retire and leave money on the table).
Post up your Cuddy cards, stories, etc.

Yep. As it was the case when Gil Meche retired.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Absolutely sucks :( LOVED Cuddy here in MN. Hopefully he comes back to work for the Twins. I'd absolutely be all for that !

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
Cuddyer is from the same area as me in Virginia. Everyone speaks very highly of him in the area as well as MLB representatives. Sad to see him go, but I guess it was just the right time for him. Hopefully he will stay involved in the sport in some way.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
"Why did he do it?"
If you read the story you linked/posted, it is very very clear why he retired. Least selfish person/player in baseball.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Definitely gonna miss him. Hated seeing him leave minnesota and Colorado both as I'm a twins fan first, but live closer to denver. He was definitely a great person and a good player that I feel was somewhat underrated at times. It sucks seeing some of your childhood favorites retiring.

Sig40cal

Jul 23, 2012
Atlantic Highlands, NJ
Sounds like he was a class act who knew "when it was time" unlike countless others who would have struggled through another year or 3 before it dawned on them that it was past "their" time to call it quits. Kudos to him for knowing when to walk off into the sunset.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Sad to see him retire. Lucky enough to see him play once in Minny in a 12 inning loss to the Yanks in 08. Made a nice play in RF. Will always cherish his friendship with Jim Thome when they played togther with the Twins. Good luck Micheal in retirement.

Members online

Latest posts