Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1991-92 Skybox ... Derek Jeter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Didn't the early 90's have some of the wildest graphics ever? Too bad the cards from that era were mass produced, otherwise I think I'd have a much greater respect for 1991 Donruss. Born out of the late 80's / early 90's were eye-popping graphics from some of our favorite shows growing up, like ...

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

#yoholmessmellyalater

61tUiyO53kL._SX940_.jpg

Saved by the Bell

#kellywassodreamy

b830495c-6573-4189-9ae9-6de413652c3b.png

One of my twitter (my twitter handle is @tanmanbbfan ) followers sent this, because it fits perfectly in line with the theme...

enhanced-32005-1422840611-40.jpg

So the other night I was thinking about Skybox, and how clean they were. I wasn't too terribly into basketball (well...ok, maybe a I was a HUGE Shaq fan for a few years) but I didn't really HEAVILY collect basketball. Anyway, I thought it would be cool to mash up some 90's pop culture with Skybox.

Raise your hand if you can PERFECTLY recite the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air rap....

fresh.jpg

Bonus points if you can sing the Saved by the Bell song in its entirety...

zack.jpg

Those are all well and good, but I'm a baseball guy. How cool would it have been to have had a Skybox Derek Jeter?

facsimile.jpg

Don't sleep on the "certified facsimile autograph", people!

It turned out so nice, I just had to make a real copy for my collection, as well as one without the certified fake auto :)

20160130_112044.jpg

Obviously, I had to make one of my PC guy Canseco as well!

skybox.jpg

Imagine all the possibilities ... 1989 Fleer Troy Aikman ... 1991 Hoops Chipper Jones, etc. What cross-over card do you wish they made?

BTW, you are welcome to sticking the Saved by the Bell theme song in your head for the rest of the day ;)

Last edited:

Members online