Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Signing Bonus Collection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas
Number 89 came in the mail over the weekend. Nothing major.

Juan Pierre # 38/75 pinstripe
signingbonus-juan-pierre-38-75-pinstripe_zpsc0z3axlu.jpg

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas
Picked these 2 up this past week. The Brett has been on my want list since I started collecting these. Both were listed inside of a week of each other. I had to pay more for each of these than I have any single piece in my collection, but I made a nice amount selling some prospects the last two weeks and I wanted to treat myself for my birthday.

Anyway here are numbers 92 & 93 to the collection.

George Brett # 3/5 gray
signingbonus-george-brett-3-5-gray_zpseecbaoxd.jpg

George Brett # 5/5 blue
signingbonus-george-brett-5-5-blue_zps9gt9k8to.jpg

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas
Here are numbers 97, 98, and 99. Got all three from different sellers for less than $70 total. This completes both versions of the Schmidt and McCovey for me. I lost out on a Frank Thomas that was numbered out of 35 and didn't come close on it. It sold for just under $200 which is around $100 more than what they have sold for in the past. Oh well, can't win them all I guess. Would love to say that I have my eye on a big piece for # 100, but those just don't pop up that often.

Sorry for such large scans, photobucket is acting up for me right now.

Kazuhisa Ishii # 9/17 white -- Won this on for $14. I hadn't seen one sell for less than $50, but this is the first that has popped for sale in a few years.
signingbonus-kazuhisa-ishii-9-17-white_zpspobpzlxm.jpg

Willie McCovey # 125/190 grey
signingbonus-willie-mccovey-125-190-grey_zpsrzdcbtmi.jpg

Mike Schmidt # 46/100 pinstripe
signingbonus-mike-schmidt-46-100-stripe_zpshde5dy6r.jpg

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
# 100 and 101. Got the Sheets for less than the price of shipping.

Sean Casey # 17/21 pinstripe
signingbonus-sean-casey-17-21-stripe_zpszfzyugu4.jpg

Ben Sheets # 29/150 blue
signingbonus-ben-sheets-29-150-blue_zpsykkpmvad.jpg

Very nice! I strongly considered that Sheets myself but have too much on the watch list already. Maybe I'll grab the next one :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas
Picked up #'s 102 & 103 with a first for my collection. I was fortunate enough to be contacted by a member of another site just to give me a heads up on the Hidalgo that he came across while looking at an ebay sellers items. It was a terrible title that I would have never found. Anyway I was able to pick it up pretty much for free after using my ebay bucks. About a week later I went back and looked at the same sellers items and found this Carlos Lee for $20 shipped. I couldn't hit the BIN fast enough. This is my first # 1/1 actual game used piece. These typically go for $100+ and in some cases a lot more. I did miss out on a Mattingly that he sold for $30 shipped.

Richard Hidalgo # 85/135 red
signingbonus-richard-hidalgo-85-135-red_zps535abgkt.jpg

Carlos Lee # 1/1 game used number
signingbonus-carlos-lee-1-1-number_zpsveidoayy.jpg

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Picked up #'s 102 & 103 with a first for my collection. I was fortunate enough to be contacted by a member of another site just to give me a heads up on the Hidalgo that he came across while looking at an ebay sellers items. It was a terrible title that I would have never found. Anyway I was able to pick it up pretty much for free after using my ebay bucks. About a week later I went back and looked at the same sellers items and found this Carlos Lee for $20 shipped. I couldn't hit the BIN fast enough. This is my first # 1/1 actual game used piece. These typically go for $100+ and in some cases a lot more. I did miss out on a Mattingly that he sold for $30 shipped.

Richard Hidalgo # 85/135 red

Carlos Lee # 1/1 game used number
signingbonus-carlos-lee-1-1-number_zpsveidoayy.jpg

Wow! That's awesome!

Members online

Latest posts