Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RA Dickey to the Jays?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Blue Jays, Dickey Agree To Extension
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [December 17 at 10:17am CST]
Contract negotiations between R.A. Dickey and the Blue Jays "have ended successfully at an affordable rate," Richard Griffin of the Toronto Star reports. The Blue Jays will examine the knuckleballer at their Spring Training site before making an announcement, according to Griffin.

WaxPax

I am reserving comment until the deal is signed, sealed and delivered....

Blue Jays, Dickey Agree To Extension
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [December 17 at 10:17am CST]
Contract negotiations between R.A. Dickey and the Blue Jays "have ended successfully at an affordable rate," Richard Griffin of the Toronto Star reports. The Blue Jays will examine the knuckleballer at their Spring Training site before making an announcement, according to Griffin.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
2 years @ 25MM. He is in Florida to undergo physical. 3 yrs @ 30MM is not too bad compared to what Greinke and others received this offseason.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
This is the same type of deal the Royals-Rays pulled off: both teams get what they want. Also, it reminds me a lot of the BoSox-O's deal in 1988: Curt Schilling and Brady Anderson for Mike Boddicker. Both teams got what they wanted then too. If you want to consider the outcome of what this current deal could be, consider the results of that BoSox deal: D'Arnaud should have impact for many years, and then the final verdict will depend upon Syndergaard's ability to mature (as was the case with Schilling in Baltimore); if Syndergaard matures well and fast enough, the Mets will come out way on top, but if not, I think they just break even, more or less.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Gotta make plans to go up to Toronto for two weeks in mid June. They have a super long home stand and I'd take in every game, hopefully meeting one particular pitcher. Meeting Dickey / Romero & Buehrle would be awesome too.

Also, how awkward as a hitter would it be to face Toronto ? JJ, when on, can flame it in there. RA has a knuckler. Buehlre is straight finesse. Such a tough rotation to adjust to.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
Noah already had a ton of hype.

The Nickeas-Becerra pieces to the trade are odd. AAA filler vs a top 2011 IFA. Becerra is very raw, but had a lot of power & speed. Only played 18 games due to a facial injury.

A good trade for both teams. Someone did mention that losing teams tend to pin their hopes on the latest hot prospect. Jays fans have been doing that for too long.
I'm definitely going to see the Jays in Arlington.

Members online

Latest posts