Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Poll: Acceptable Shipping Policy?

Acceptable Shipping Time?

• Within the first 24-48 hours of payment

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Seller asks for payment within X # of days, then should ship within X # of days

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • By the first Saturday, people have busy work weeks

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • As long as it is within the first 14 days, I'm satisfied

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • As long as it is within the first 30 days, I'm satisfied

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other - Please Explain

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
Lets say you purchased a card on Ebay and paid within 5 minutes of the auction ending and it is being shipped within the continental US, for the sake of the poll.

What is the longest that you feel you should wait for a card to be shipped after making a purchase?

Do you still leave a positive but just dock a seller's DSR's and perhaps leave a "Slow shipping time" message if it is much longer than your satisfied wait time? At what point is a neutral feedback warranted?

Just curious to see other opinions.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I find that as long as my item is shipped within10 business days then i am perfectly satisfied. How soon one pays is irrelevant as long as it is paid according to policy.

sawmillthug

Dec 21, 2012
Chillicothe, MO
I always allow a couple days. I never know what a persons situation is. Granted I would love for it to ship the next day. Since I buy and sell on there I am flexible but nothing better than getting something in the mail like 3 days after you pay. If it hasn't shipped for 4-5 days I start asking questions.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
I ship all my sales within 24-48hrs. I expect the same. However will not give below 5 star rating til it reaches the 10th day(not business day) with no card. So if you ship on the 7th day and I get it in a couple after that no sweat. Even more so if I pay 3 dollars or more shipping

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
I'll add my own opinion as well.

I ship all of my items within the first 24-48 hours of payment. As far as what I see as acceptable, I would have to say I expect a seller to have my cards shipped by the first Saturday following the sale, which would allow the seller 1-6 days to ship the card.

jaydub

Jun 18, 2010
Arvada, CO
I don't really care so much as a buyer as long as I get it within two weeks. From the standpoint of someone who sells too though I would think sellers would want to do what's necessary to try and get the eBay top seller 20% discount which includes fast shipping.

JustinVerlander35

Nov 1, 2011
Detroit
If the seller gives me three days for payment, I have no problem giving them a few days to ship. Even if I pay right away, I don't mind waiting about a week. Anything over a week is a bit too long in my opinion.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
definitely 24-48 hours. Any seller that doesn't is lazy (or has too much **** on ebay to keep up with and should cut back on selling because of being overwhelmed). I pay within 24 hours (and usually right away) so I expect the seller to be quick.

The USPS has made it so convenient to get postage on an envelope or package and mail the item. I don't see why you can't have stamps onhand (since you can buy them online or usually at your grocery store) or print labels online and then drop it in a collection box, hand it to a carrier, or put it in an outgoing mail slot at other places. I don't see very many cases where one is grandpa and needs to mail stuff at a USPS retail counter.

as for speed of shipping, I giver 5 stars for prompt shipping, 4 stars if it takes a week, and 2-3 stars if it takes 2 weeks and I have to query the seller about if the item was shipped. All are based on postmark, not receiving time and I can tell by the postmark when it was shipped or if it was shipped after my 14 day shipping query.

Last edited:

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
protip: want to avoid the hassle of potentially dealing with a slow shipper? Email them beforehand and ask when they ship!

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I take the money and run. Also I take my sweet ass time when it come to shipping the cards out. Hell I have your money so why should I hurry to give you what you paid for. ;-)

Sent from my Desire HD using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Here is something that happened to me on eBay earlier this month.

I purchased three cards from one seller on 12/03. The seller allowed 3 days for combined shipping. I purchased another card on the fourth and one on the sixth. I requested a combined shipping invoice. The seller opened unpaid item cases on the first three items on 12/7. Then, the items were not sent out until 12/12.

Personally, I always ship within 24 Hours. The last item I sold was delivered 56 Hours after it was purchased.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
i only ship to USA and twice a buyer in Mexico has asked how much to ship to him . What would you do ?

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
As long as the seller abides by the handling time that they posted in their listing and I agreed to, I'm fine with anything up until the stated maximum time.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
I normally ship 24-48 within payment. Depends if I'm paid on weekend usually goes out on Monday.

Holidays can effect shipping I recently shipped a card on a Monday and due to Hoilday/weather it took 15 to get to New Jersey, have no idea what the heck caused the usps delay. Just glad if got there.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
If they request payment by me in a certain time, then I think it's only fair and common courtesy to also ship it in that same time. However, I do understand everyone has lives and things come up that may not always allow for that to happen.

Members online

Latest posts