Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New Five-Year CBA In Place

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Source on draft-pick comp: “Still being discussed. Trying to shuffle around loss of first pick with player getting deal of $50M or more.”

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeyman
No international draft, but int'l signings are said to be capped to 5-6M per team per year.

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi
. @MLB teams will no longer forfeit first-round pick to sign free agents under new CBA, source says.

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeyman
There will be free-agent compensation, but with a draft pick that isn't a 1st rounder

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
It'll never happen but I would love to lessen September roster expansion. I mention that for no reason. Hurray agreements

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Jayson Stark ‏@jaysonst
Turns out draft-pick compensation won't disappear. Teams over threshold lose a 2nd- & 5th-round pick. Under threshold: lose 3rd-round pick.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi
Important clarification: Change to FA compensation structure goes into effect for 2017-2018 offseason; prior rules apply to existing class. In other words, teams must surrender picks to sign Encarnacion, Fowler, et al.

Last edited:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Some additional details on new CBA coming, starting with this: A player no longer can receive a qualifying offer more than once.

Team that loses QO free agent will get pick only if player signs contract of $50M+. Pick it gets will depend upon that team’s market size.

Club that signs QO free agent, if it exceeds luxury-tax threshold, will lose 2nd-rounder, 5th-rounder and $1M in int’l bonus money. Club that signs QO free agent, if it does not exceed luxury-tax threshold, will lose 3rd-rounder.

Also: The #Athletics will be phased out as a revenue-sharing recipient over the next four years.

And on schedule: Starting in 2018, season will start mid-week, helping create extra off-days in schedule.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
all-star game outcome will not decide the world series home field advantage.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Oh, and smokeless chewing tobacco is now banned for new MLBers.

Last edited:

Berkey33

Nov 8, 2014
Oh, and smokeless chewing tobacco is now banned for new MLBers.

Honestly **** the MLB. (Already **** all the stadiums it ban now). You're 18+ and can make your own choices but we will make this one for you. Thanks big brother for looking out.
While we are all looking out for each other can we ban them from selling footlong hot dogs, large beers and sodas at the stadiums? Obesity, diabetes, heart problems anyone? I'm sure there are a lot of cases when drunk fans fight each, that isn't safe. I also think they should do breathalyzers when entering a stadium, don't want already drunk fans coming in and starting stuff. They should only sell water and fruit.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
:(

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan
Here's part of the new CBA nobody really likes: With new int'l signing age 25, Japanese star Shohei Otani won't be coming to MLB until 2019.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Honestly **** the MLB. (Already **** all the stadiums it ban now). You're 18+ and can make your own choices but we will make this one for you. Thanks big brother for looking out.
While we are all looking out for each other can we ban them from selling footlong hot dogs, large beers and sodas at the stadiums? Obesity, diabetes, heart problems anyone? I'm sure there are a lot of cases when drunk fans fight each, that isn't safe. I also think they should do breathalyzers when entering a stadium, don't want already drunk fans coming in and starting stuff. They should only sell water and fruit.

I don't disagree with the principal of the freedom of choice argument, honestly I feel the same way with steroids, if you wanna let that garbage ultimately ruin your body, have at it. The problem I have is that kids that watch the game are so impressionable. How many of us trying to swing like Jr or make the leaping throw like jeter?? Even though the warnings are everywhere a lot of kids are too dumb to not make the choice because their favorite player does it.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
all-star game outcome will not decide the world series home field advantage.

.....and Bud Selig better not be voted into the HOF next week. The original decision to have the ASG decide home field advantage was his stupid decision and I am so glad it was over-turned.

.......I must say it did not hurt the Sox in 04 and 13.......;)

Members online

Latest posts