Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BA's Organizational Top 10 Prospect Lists Thread (Today - Update)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I don't doubt he was good, but in that league people with a plus hitting tool typically put up video game numbers (i.e., Rodgers).

Just my thoughts.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
I don't doubt he was good, but in that league people with a plus hitting tool typically put up video game numbers (i.e., Rodgers).

Just my thoughts.

I agree J.P.

Reynolds is solid all around. His best tool is hit, but there's nothing else there. His ceiling is a 4th OF option. As you alluded to, his .312 average is nice, but kind of middle of the road for the Cally league. Brendan Rodgers for instance was hitting over .380 there and didn't get promoted to Hartford until mid way through the season. A college bat like Reynolds should have been in Richmond by now.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I watched Reynolds quite a bit this year and he always seemed underwhelming. I heard so much hype I was pumped to see him but I didn't think he was more than average. I doubt it matters to most scouts but he seemed to argue more balls and strikes than anyone I saw this year too. A guy who works for san Jose is on the radio said he's a can't miss which would sound a lot better had he not said the exact same thing about Gary Brown

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
New York Yankees Top 10 Prospects

1. Gleyber Torres, SS/3B
2. Estevan Florial, OF
3. Justus Sheffield, LHP
4. Chance Adams, RHP
5. Miguel Andujar, 3B
6. Albert Abreu, RHP
7. Jorge Guzman, RHP
8. Luis Medina, RHP
9. Thairo Estrada, SS/2B
10. Domingo Acevedo, RHP

https://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/2018-new-york-yankees-top-10-prospects/#ureVIxxzMOKGqeMp.97

In such a deep system, how on Earth does Medina crack the list? Granted he's good, but I would have taken Solak or Tate at least. Can't wait to read the chat later

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
In such a deep system, how on Earth does Medina crack the list? Granted he's good, but I would have taken Solak or Tate at least. Can't wait to read the chat later
I never hear people big on Tate. Is there a reason? I thought he improved a lot last year

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
I never hear people big on Tate. Is there a reason? I thought he improved a lot last year

He made major improvements, but scouts are skeptical. They're not sure which Tate will show up. The one in Hickory with a 8+ ERA or the one last season.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
Pittsburgh Pirates Top 10 Prospects

1. Mitch Keller, RHP
2. Austin Meadows, OF
3. Shane Baz, RHP
4. Ke'Bryan Hayes, 3B
5. Kevin Newman, SS
6. Cole Tucker, SS
7. Luis Escobar, RHP
8. Nick Kingham, RHP
9. Taylor Hearn, LHP
10. LoLo Sanchez, OF

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/2018-pittsburgh-pirates-top-10-prospects/#Z09QHS2y4eyUyDbj.97

There's some prospects on the list that i have a small stash of, mainly because i seemed to pull more of them. Especially Meadows.