Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

State of the Hobby-Razz

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jared

Oct 22, 2009
I think this could be a way for FCB to get some good traffic.

I say Gilmore, Andrew, or somebody else who has a good reputation hold a raffle night.

Have a thread maybe a month before to see if any members want to send cards in for the raffle and say how much each slot would be worth. I would say that 10 spots per item would be doable.

The holder of the cards would get 10% of the final price, which is more than fair.

I would be interested in sending some cards in for this, anybody else?

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota

I say Gilmore, Andrew, or somebody else who has a good reputation hold a raffle night.

Have a thread maybe a month before to see if any members want to send cards in for the raffle and say how much each slot would be worth. I would say that 10 spots per item would be doable.

The holder of the cards would get 10% of the final price, which is more than fair.

I like your idea. Just to add to it a bit:

-Have a minimum value per card, say $20. That would prevent people from raffling off tons of $5 cards and wasting time.

-Send every card to a central location first, i.e. the person doing the raffle. This way, there wouldn't be conflict between members over a raffle. Also, that would give the winning member the option to either take the card or re-raffle it at a later date. Of course, there would be an added shipping cost in the mix that someone would have to pay.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Why do you care so much if the seller is getting a higher price? Does it really bother you that someone found a way to make a few extra bucks? The people entering the razzle are paying well below market value for a chance at the card and they have no problem with it. I don't get where you're coming from.

If you feel hitting random 3 times justifies milking every last cent good for you. How about they get ebay value and enjoy the 10% they would have not got otherwise instead of miking more and more and even inflating ebay prices in an attempt to justify why they are milking the gamblers.

10% I can understand but when guys are pulling 25% as I have been seeing lately with a incorrect ebay value is deceiving the collectors who are addicted to the gambling aspect of the hobby. I love box breaks and have no problem paying for the service. But now for people to get lazy and say razz for this $700 card (which sells for $550) so 10 spots 75 each is comical.

A_Pharis

Guys. I don't think it's going to happen. I was very open minded about it, but I knew it wouldn't fly. I just didn't want to crush it out the gate, because coming up with ideas to boost traffic is a good thing.

We just don't want to do it illegally.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
If you feel hitting random 3 times justifies milking every last cent good for you. How about they get ebay value and enjoy the 10% they would have not got otherwise instead of miking more and more and even inflating ebay prices in an attempt to justify why they are milking the gamblers.

10% I can understand but when guys are pulling 25% as I have been seeing lately with a incorrect ebay value is deceiving the collectors who are addicted to the gambling aspect of the hobby. I love box breaks and have no problem paying for the service. But now for people to get lazy and say razz for this $700 card (which sells for $550) so 10 spots 75 each is comical.

I'm not sure where you have been looking, but the one I have been in is monitored very well and if someone is too high, it doesn't fill. You can't tell me RG3 autos at $100 is out of whack. You can say it's beneath this board to do it, but like it or not it is probably here to stay.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
I used to buy Razzles from the neighborhood ice cream truck:

Razzle1.jpg

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle

I actually love the idea to boost traffic, even though I may not be a huge gambler and not entirely sure how many I would actually partake in. However, I guarantee I'd be tuned in, and be tempted on a few here and there. In the last 3 or 4 years, I haven't seen any better ideas to boost traffic...look at how many tried and failed. Something like this, which actually utilizes the amazing resources FCB already has (video chat, video stream, reputable and knowledgeable people, etc...) Man, the whole chat system/video system just sits gathering rust...

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
I'm not sure where you have been looking, but the one I have been in is monitored very well and if someone is too high, it doesn't fill. You can't tell me RG3 autos at $100 is out of whack. You can say it's beneath this board to do it, but like it or not it is probably here to stay.

They are not legal for me to run.

As far as I know

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
They are not legal for me to run.

As far as I know

I would imagine that as long as everyone got something it wouldnt be a big deal right?

one $100 card and nine junk gu/autos

every person gets something

sell 10 spots at $15 a spot to cover shipping for 10 packages and the junk gu/autos. Its a good way to unload those low end cards and still make it worth it.

CubsfanP

May 21, 2012
Greenwood, IN
I'm surprised nobody has said this yet but Razzes can be problematic...

Here is why:

people who run razzes want paid PP gift. Reason is: when people do not win said razz, they can (and do) file a chargeback. Since the money was sent gift, the seller is not bound to send card legally. Thus, Razzes REQUIRE the honor system which we all know is a slippery slope.

I've joined razzes and have no problem with them. I've gotten a few nice cards. However, I would not suggest FCB "sponsor" something like this. If you want to Razz I would stick to your "dirty" streaming site.

Latest posts