Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

**************** Morning Thread ************ 11/15

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Good morning.

ee256fb3-e56e-4a68-a728-f58d43f5fd00_zpsb3a3ef3d.jpg

scan0107.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
It did come up in the conversation that I was willing to sell my motorcycle to pick up some more of his collection. I was hoping he would just be interested in the motorcycle and I could trade it to him but it did not spark any interest. He had a Dawson name plate booklet with two expos patches on it also.

:lol:

What value do you place on my cycle? Say if he was interested? Just straight trade for his collection or most of it ;)

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Morning guys, working now, then heading to the podiatrist for my expected diagnosis of plantar fasciitis and a heel spur... I just hope we can do something to take the pain away

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good morning gents. I'm ready for class to be done so I can hit the road. My dad won't get to the farm we are hunting until 6:30ish tonight, well 5:30 my time, and I'm done with class at 10. Its about a four hour drive for me, so I'm taking a 40 mile detour and heading up to Rapid City. I'm hoping to get a few Christmas gifts bought. I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for yet, but I will know when I see it

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Good Morning Gents! Happy Friday to most and if it is not yours hopefully the weekend sneaks up quickly :)

Dustin - Awesome Dawson stuff. I hope you are able to pick up more from him as well. Best of luck landing some of the nice patches, tags and a button throughout the process.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Morning all. Happy National Clean out your Fridge Day. I really need to do that. Have a great day.

I need to clean out my fridge.

Good morning everyone.

Great cards Hawk

Thank You!

Morning guys, working now, then heading to the podiatrist for my expected diagnosis of plantar fasciitis and a heel spur... I just hope we can do something to take the pain away

Hope all goes well

Good Morning Gents! Happy Friday to most and if it is not yours hopefully the weekend sneaks up quickly :)

Dustin - Awesome Dawson stuff. I hope you are able to pick up more from him as well. Best of luck landing some of the nice patches, tags and a button throughout the process.

Thank you, he probably has around 20 tags, some awesome patches, I took a pic of one I post from my phone after this post, and one other button. After something is finalized with that 88 Topps Auto I hope to begin a new round of negotiations with him.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
[MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION] - big day for the collection. Congrats!

Happy Friday all. My weekend is packed with 4 events, raking leaves and football. Going to a Rockford Ice Hogs hockey game Saturday night - they're a Blackhawks farm team.

Excited to learn that there may be a new Local Card Shop opening near me. Stopped at a very small shop in McHenry, IL, and the owner told me they are going to open a larger location in Lake in the Hills, IL. The shop in McHenry was incredibly jammed, mostly junk, but I did find these 3 postcards in a bin. Kind of an odd pickup, but I like old baseball stuff. These postcards were postmarked Nov. 3, 1907 on back. I wonder if this was the whole series, or if there were others. I see a couple of these on eBay, but they are all ones shown below. I offered $10 for all 3, and he accepted.

baseballseriespostcards.jpg

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
There are a couple of wows there...WOW that is nice. And, WOW, having a uniform/pic mismatch on a high end 1/1 is just not right.

Still, very high eye appeal.

The mismatch on this card does not bother me that much, maybe its the great patch (which I understand might be too great now lol) and such a small pic. He has a name plate booklet with two expos patches that has a Cubs pic on it, that one kind of bothered me, not bothered me enough to get it if I had the funds though lol.

@Hawk8 - big day for the collection. Congrats!

Happy Friday all. My weekend is packed with 4 events, raking leaves and football. Going to a Rockford Ice Hogs hockey game Saturday night - they're a Blackhawks farm team.

Excited to learn that there may be a new Local Card Shop opening near me. Stopped at a very small shop in McHenry, IL, and the owner told me they are going to open a larger location in Lake in the Hills, IL. The shop in McHenry was incredibly jammed, mostly junk, but I did find these 3 postcards in a bin. Kind of an odd pickup, but I like old baseball stuff. These postcards were postmarked Nov. 3, 1907 on back. I wonder if this was the whole series, or if there were others. I see a couple of these on eBay, but they are all ones shown below. I offered $10 for all 3, and he accepted.

baseballseriespostcards.jpg

Thanks and congrats on the very cool postcards!

Be careful
@mrwhitesox30 any info on this?

Yea, I'd be careful on that guy.

+1 - Scuff marks around relic window, other Dawson 1/1's from that series had plain swatches. Looks too good.

$_57.JPG

I forget to stop and think about this as it is not something I would think to do to a card but now that you guys mention it, he did have about 10-15 of these Sterling 1/1s and if I remember correctly this was the only one that was not a solid color relic. Probably a fake then, man it really sucks that people do this to cards. Thanks everyone

A_Pharis

[MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION] - that's why I told you to buy those plain swatch 1/1 Sterlings. Those things were a patch faker's dream come true. You have to be very weary of them - especially a patch that does show patch border and jersey.

A lot of the nicer patches in that release were quartered into multiple cards so you could see the seams.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Morning boys.

There were many many many of those Sterling 1/1s that had incredible patches in them right at the release of the product.

A few of the plain ones have been faked but most are legit, including I think, that one.

Still a fugly ass mismatched card that I'd never buy :lol:

Last edited:

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
@Hawk8 - that's why I told you to buy those plain swatch 1/1 Sterlings. Those things were a patch faker's dream come true. You have to be very weary of them - especially a patch that does show patch border and jersey.

A lot of the nicer patches in that release were quartered into multiple cards so you could see the seams.

Screen grabbed all of these at release of the product.

Crap10.jpg

aa8b_12.jpg

b516_1.jpg

Crap12.jpg

27de_1_sbl.jpg

13e4_1.jpg

Crap11.jpg

c05e_1.jpg

ea6b_1.jpg

3399_1.jpg

Crap1.jpg

Crap13.jpg

Crap14.jpg

Crap5.jpg

Those are so cool, love the 1

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I've started saving pictures of Belle cards myself... might help me one day detect a fake because it seems like 90% of his stuff hits eBay anyways...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online