Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need some help from GU detectives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
There have been some interesting patches in 2014 Five Star and I have absolutely no idea where they are from. Can anyone help me out?

This one I've seen before, which is from the inside lining of the waistband on the pants

But these...I have no idea

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
Alright I think I finally figured it out.

Looks like they are all from the pants waistband. I looked through a bunch of google images and finally found some matches that make sense.

The first one is probably from a Majestic brand pants like this:

img-197154-m.jpg

And I think the next 3 are part of the waistband from a Russell Athletic brand pants

51Tao6XANdL.jpg

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
Card companies will consider it a "prime" piece, but as a patch collector I don't care for them. There are a bunch of "patch" sets which actually say "prime" on the checklist, which gives companies a lot more leeway in what they can use for the set. Some sets are more likely to have true patches than others.

So is the inner lining of a pair of pants considered a patch then?

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
So is the inner lining of a pair of pants considered a patch then?

As mrwhitesox30 mentioned card companies do consider these pieces "prime" or patches. Personally, while I would prefer a nice swatch from the NY logo, Jersey # or nameplate, the use of the waistband is a bit more unique so I don't mind it over a plain grey pants swatch.

Latest posts