Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
10 packs per box, six cards per pack (MSRP: $2.97). Retail only.

powerzone.jpg

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
We are in the beginning stages of moving, so i had to pack up my desk and wont be able to get a scan or upload to my site til after the move, so this copy of the listing will have to do.

Hows this for a steal?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    581.1 KB · Views: 77

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
that is neat..but no deckled edge. what are guesses on print runs for the normal edge embossed refractors?

i recall seeing a Jeter on this board

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
that is neat..but no deckled edge. what are guesses on print runs for the normal edge embossed refractors?

i recall seeing a Jeter on this board

http://www.smalltraditions.com/Exceptionally-Scarce-1997-Topps-Finest-Embossed-Di-LOT14641.aspx

“What are the print runs?” Well, I have no concrete answer. All I can say, from some internet research and some hobby blog posts, is that the player collecting universe accepts the print range to be between 25 and 40 copies.

Nice find BunchOBull

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Thanks fellas!

It was only $32 through Burbank, listed as a gold refractor, so they weren't aware of the error/variation. They had several other players whom I messaged other player collectors about, but it looks like someone caught on to the fact that I got it from Burbank and bought the remaining 4 (Sosa, Larkin, Eckersley, and Hundley).

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Yes, this is just an error, but a valuable one in some ways.

I'd say valuable in a lot of ways. The Gold Embossed Refractors are rare as shlt anyway... and I've seen several of Thomas surface. I don't think I've ever seen a non-diecut of anyone pop up. Maybe I just haven't been paying attention.

In other words, NICELY DONE :)

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
The 1997 Finest Gold with Atomic Refractor finish and not die-cut or embossed were test cards and likely less than 5 sheets were printed. I have seen three Tony Gwynn cards (own 2) and no more than two for other players.

Members online

Latest posts