Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

St. Louis Cardinals Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Here's another card from them I tried to get, but they aren't willing to budge on it at all.I asked them if they would put it up for auction or take offers on it, but they aren't moving at all on it.Are you familiar with these at all?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALBERT-PUJOLS-RARE-2007-UD-SPECTRUM-GRAND-SLAMARAMA-DIE-CUT-1-280-60-F7628-/130703601535?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item1e6e8aaf7f
They are from Upper Deck Spectrum. I do not think it is worth $50. I would think that is like a 25-35 dollar card. I am not positive but it just does not seem like a 50 dollar card to me.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
They are from Upper Deck Spectrum. I do not think it is worth $50. I would think that is like a 25-35 dollar card. I am not positive but it just does not seem like a 50 dollar card to me.

Yeah, I just saw a SGC 9 of that sold for $20 not long ago.Ironically, there is another one listed for $25 right now.May decide to throw a bid on it.That sure is a purty card though, would look nice in my collection.

Feb 28, 2012
Syracuse
Sent in a 15-card sub to SGC. Grades popped today. Pretty happy with the results. The Wheaties and the Venezuelans I knew would grade low. I just wanted them slabbed. The Peel-Offs I wasn't sure how they would grade, but I am happy with them. I am also close to completing the 1962 Topps Cardinals team set in SGC 84 and higher. Pretty happy with the 1963 Gibson, too. Here are the grades. I will post scans when they arrive:

1950 Bowman 71 RED SCHOENDIENST SGC 60
1952 Wheaties STAN MUSIAL Portrait SGC 10
1952 Wheaties STAN MUSIAL Action SGC 10
1962 Topps 52 N.L. BATTING LEADERS SGC 88
1962 Topps 370 KEN BOYER SGC 84
1962 Topps 531 BOBBY G. SMITH High# SGC 88
1962 Topps 579 JIM SCHAFFER High# SP SGC 84
1963 Topps 83 CHARLEY JAMES SGC 88
1963 Topps 415 BOB GIBSON SGC 84
1963 Topps Peel-Offs KEN BOYER SGC 60
1963 Topps Peel-Offs STAN MUSIAL SGC 60
1964 Topps 24 CARL SAWATSKI SGC 88
1964 Topps 119 GARY KOLB SGC 84
1964 Topps Venezuelan 160 KEN BOYER SGC 30
1964 Topps Venezuelan 160 KEN BOYER SGC 20

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I was going through some boxes of cards this week and found these.Fleer Ultra Gold Medallions are sharp.

P1000259.JPG
P1000256.JPG

P1000258.JPG

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
Nothing huge, but I had to pick up a couple auto's of the USA guys we drafted. I think Kelly could be really interesting to watch develop, was concerned we wouldn't be able to sign him at the time of the draft.

draftees.jpg

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Nice collection.When are you going to have Descalso sign the spring training jersey?
It is signed already. I had it signed in black I think on a 3. Thank you! I finally added an Orange refractor /25 from 2007! I need a scanner so that I can make my site better. I think it is just going to suck for now lmao!

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
It is signed already. I had it signed in black I think on a 3. Thank you! I finally added an Orange refractor /25 from 2007! I need a scanner so that I can make my site better. I think it is just going to suck for now lmao!

Do you have the jersey displayed?I thought about getting some jerseys signed, but the cost along with the frames pushed me away for now.

I'm going to have sporadic computer access soon, so if the Topps Finest signed Superfractor comes up I will likely stay out of your way on it, unless I happen to stumble across it.Times are tough right now.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Do you have the jersey displayed?I thought about getting some jerseys signed, but the cost along with the frames pushed me away for now.

I'm going to have sporadic computer access soon, so if the Topps Finest signed Superfractor comes up I will likely stay out of your way on it, unless I happen to stumble across it.Times are tough right now.
Im sorry to hear that. I wish I could help you. I do not have the jersey displayed. It is in a ziplock bag tucked away. If the signed super comes up I probably wont have the funds to buy it. Somehow I have missed 2 BIN printing plates on eBay this month. I check eBay for new descalso cards almost every hour of each day when I have money. Yesterday I was on ebay almost constantly every hour clicking refresh and a finest plate sold. That really sucks. But instead I payed 30 for a Red Finest Auto. Puts me within 2 cards of the non 1/1 rainbow. I need Auto Purple and Auto Gold.

Krangry

Mar 6, 2012
IMG_0061.jpg

Finally finished this guy up, pretty excited about it.
Yep i took them out of those hideous tribute cases, and put them in one touches.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Brandon Dickson finally gets some hobby love in Topps Series 2. Time to get my Dickson PC started. He needs a chance at the bigs again. Im going for the rainbow and havent started. Also why the hell has only 1 Descalso Wal Mart Blue Border poped up. Im starting to get worried, this card is as elusive as the Heritage Black Ref /62. Also I have yet to pick up a Series 2 Base card of Descalso. I am such a slacker. But in other news I am working on making a trade section for my site with a list of all of the cards I have for trade. All in numerical order and about 3 hours of working on it! Fun Fun Fun

Krangry

Mar 6, 2012
I agree, im hoping there is something in TTT. Ill be going hard on it even if it is a bit pricey lol.

Members online

Latest posts