Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rexvos

Aug 24, 2008
Entered a card shop I frequent on my travels.

I spent about 2 hours sifting through boxes. Walked out with these

image.jpg1_zpss9yypiog.jpg

By the way I almost grabbed this as well

image_zpsvjm4ybp7.jpg
[/URL]

Still may go back.

Same place I bought my 1972 Topps Nolan Ryan that I started my basic Topps run with, after subbing it to Psa it came back an 8

image.jpg

hope for the same luck with the 75. Hoping for that or better on the Clemente

S10dragingass

Jan 11, 2016
Recent additions. Picked up this 64 Roger Maris because it was in exceptional shape.

And I scored a big one off my holy grail list. 56 Ted Williams.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
NOT baseball, but still have been wanting a 1951 Bowman Football wrapper for my set for some time. Got it and the 1952 & 1954 Bowman Football wrappers in the same group!
DANNY

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
The back has terrible paper loss but the front presents great. Got it for a little under what I thought I would pay as I have not seen one of these in a while (have a John L. Sullivan collection)

Scan 17.jpeg

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
Got my first T209 Contentnea card. I am already collecting the T210 Winston-Salem players. These do not seem to come up much so I grabbed this one while I had the chance.

scan0053.jpgscan0054.jpg

Last edited:

rexvos

Aug 24, 2008
Time to bump this thread back up to the top

image.jpg

completes my run from of Nolans 68-72. Now to finish up the 70s and get more work done on the 80s

rexvos

Aug 24, 2008
Not sure if this one qualifies as vintage or not, but I figured I would give this thread a little more life

image.jpg

also grabbed this earlier this month, and I posted it in the March pickups thread, more fitting for this thread

image.jpg

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Entered a card shop I frequent on my travels.

I spent about 2 hours sifting through boxes. Walked out with these

image.jpg1_zpss9yypiog.jpg

By the way I almost grabbed this as well

[/URL]

Still may go back.

Same place I bought my 1972 Topps Nolan Ryan that I started my basic Topps run with, after subbing it to Psa it came back an 8

hope for the same luck with the 75. Hoping for that or better on the Clemente

Wow! Those cards look phenomenal.

rexvos

Aug 24, 2008
Wow! Those cards look phenomenal.

Thanks, I spend a lot of time trying to find a few nice cards, I really think I lucked out with these 2. The hard part now is just waiting on their grades to pop with the rest of my sub

Members online

Latest posts