Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Can you help me find this card from a beckett magazine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I was told that this card was an insert / cut out on paper stock from a 2001 beckett. Does anyone have any 2001 becketts that they wouldn't mind checking for me?

Here is what it looks like!
Picture%20004-1.jpg

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
I didn’t see anything in the Rookie Rolodex edition (February).
It’s not something I would’ve removed (cared about).

mouschi

May 18, 2012
He never played with the Angels, right? Was this a fantasy card? I remember him finishing out his career with White Sox in 2001.

Yeah, he was perplexed when they let him go on 3/30/01 ... I'm not sure what the heck this card is. Driving me kinda nuts! :) With that said, if YOU haven't seen this type of card before, I just might be doomed!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
it is likely that is was simply a fantasy card that was featured in an article and not meant to be cut out. I bet you the back is common text from the following page and that this does not have a "regular" card-like back.

I have the 2001 run, but I can't easily pull them at the moment. If nobody else finds it first, I can check in the coming couple of week or so.

mouschi

May 18, 2012
I was finally able to crack the case thanks though for the offer!
it is likely that is was simply a fantasy card that was featured in an article and not meant to be cut out. I bet you the back is common text from the following page and that this does not have a "regular" card-like back.

I have the 2001 run, but I can't easily pull them at the moment. If nobody else finds it first, I can check in the coming couple of week or so.

mouschi

May 18, 2012
It is actually made of magazine paper stock but apparently has a card on the other side of it too. I don't typically go for magazine cuts but when they have a card design and ate the same size as a card like this one, I'm all about it!
Well now I need to know what that card actually is...

Scott F

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts