Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MONSTER - Josh Johnson/Buehrle/Reyes to TOR For Alvarez/Escobar/Hechavarria/Nicolino/Marisnick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Wow, didn't realize how little of a strikeout pitcher Alvarez is....K/9 of 3.8 last season. His walk rate is solid at 2.6 BB/9.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
JJ collection will grow now ... hopefully. Today's & tomorrow's mail will show that.

I figured he was gonna be dealt to Boston or Texas and was prepared to move some bigger dupes I have. Now, hopefully, some big guns come out because the reaction of "Oh XXXX, he's going to the Blue Jays, not the Mets, Yanks, Braves, Rangers, Dodgers or Red Sox (all bigger markets with semi-rabid to rabid fan / collector bases)". So, anyone, if you have JJ's you wanna dump, you should know by now, to come to me to dump them :p

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
JJ collection will grow now ... hopefully. Today's & tomorrow's mail will show that.

I figured he was gonna be dealt to Boston or Texas and was prepared to move some bigger dupes I have. Now, hopefully, some big guns come out because the reaction of "Oh XXXX, he's going to the Blue Jays, not the Mets, Yanks, Braves, Rangers, Dodgers or Red Sox (all bigger markets with semi-rabid to rabid fan / collector bases)". So, anyone, if you have JJ's you wanna dump, you should know by now, to come to me to dump them :p

As much as I don't want him pitching against the Sox, it will be nice to actually see him pitch once in a while. I wouldn't have minded him on the Sox but I honestly didn't want them giving up the farm for him. Him and Buherle will give the Jays their best staff in YEARS.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
Great trade for the Jays. They immediately become a playoff contender.

As for the Marlins, their ownership group is probably the most dishonest, least likable front office in baseball. I understand making some moves, but blowing this team up is premature. Albert Pujols is definitely happy he didn't sign with the fish.

Great deal for the Jays but they sure are pinning their hopes on this trade. They're going to be taking on a huge chunk of salary for players who didn't exactly excel in Florida.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Re: Josh Johnson Headed to the Blue Jays?

Jays just need to hire Ozzie Guillen to manage and they will become the "Miami Marlins of Toronto".

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
The Marlins refuse to offer no trade clauses to FA's. Guess we know why...again. They've eliminated themselves from future FA's, and the city as a viable place for a MLB franchise. They get a city funded $500M stadium, and blow up the team within 18 months. Ballpark will cost Miami-Dade County over $2B by the time it is all paid off. Jeffrey Loria leaps to the top of god awful owners in professional sports

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Great trade for the Jays. They immediately become a playoff contender.

As for the Marlins, their ownership group is probably the most dishonest, least likable front office in baseball. I understand making some moves, but blowing this team up is premature. Albert Pujols is definitely happy he didn't sign with the fish.

I think the reason they did this was because they didnt sign Albert.

He was their main goal and the reason they acquired guys like Reyes and Buehrle: to show Pujols they were serious about winning.

Then, they didnt and have now fire-traded the team off.

Again, all 700 Marlins fans should be pissed off beyond belief at a lying team who only wanted a new stadium and the benefits of that.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Loria ain't done yet.

Joel Sherman ‏@Joelsherman1
2 execs spoke to already said this: Ricky Nolasco will be next to go from #Marlins

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Morosi is reporting Mathis headed to Miami.

What is this love affair with Arencibia, anyway?

elemin8

Aug 7, 2008
Morosi is reporting Mathis headed to Miami.

What is this love affair with Arencibia, anyway?

He's a catcher that hits 25 Bombs. Sure he bats .230 but 20-25 HRs with 60-80 RBIs not bad for the price. How fast are the Jays going to be if Gose, Davis and Reyes are in the line-up at once.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I personally think "National Marlins Firesale Day" should be an annual holiday. Who's with me?

jhand13

Oct 3, 2012
MONSTER - Josh Johnson, Buehrle, Reyes to Toronto For Alvarez/Escobar/Hechavarria/Nicolino

The management of the marlins really pisses me off as a fan

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
MONSTER - Josh Johnson, Buehrle, Reyes to Toronto For Alvarez/Escobar/Hechavarria/Nicolino

JP- I guess you want to kick JPA to the curb to see TDA in the lineup? LOL. ;)
Arencibia is still learning. Hard to trade a catcher that has the ability to hit the longball.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
JP- I guess you want to kick JPA to the curb to see TDA in the lineup? LOL. ;)
Arencibia is still learning. Hard to trade a catcher that has the ability to hit the longball.

Nah, kicking him to a permanent DH spot would work for me now.

Members online

Latest posts