Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

+-_-_-_-_- December Pickup Thread -_-_-_-_-+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
I guess it is only fitting to add it here as well.

From the Morning Thread Secret Santa exchange. Amazing generosity:

EthierPCScans969.jpg

EthierPCScans970.jpg

zlpeterson

Sep 23, 2015
San Francisco
I've picked up a number of cards from the generous [MENTION=12001]bcarlson33[/MENTION] over the months, but this one which came in December I am the most excited about. I've loved these cards and I'm stoked to finally have my Griffey.

Numbers.JPG

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Done for December, here they are. I've been picky and money has been tight

bevngl.jpg

I think I showed off a few several months ago, but I've been picking up more. I'm trying to collect the "rookies" well centered. It's fun reading up on some of the players who were a few years before I started watching basketball.

23vyr6b.jpg

I love the manufactured Sweet Spot-type autos. I've been looking for the Hanley for awhile, and finally found one for a reasonable price. I have several Conine searches set up because I super collect him. I'm around 92% completion, so new pickups have become rare. I've never owned a 1995 refractor, they're surprisingly hard to find. I've been looking for the xfractor for 18 months, and it's the 2nd-to-last refractor I need. I found it searching in description under one of those choose-your-player auctions. The Livan is his first MLB auto, and I believe his first auto period.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Got yelled at for opening a sports card delivery that had the wife's name on it . Was forced to wrap it and re-open for Kris Kringle ( always strange when my Jewish wife hands me a Kris Kringle = but I go with it).

My one and only gift from wife this year .

Suffice to say it was a good one. She's a great girl who provides money year round for buys= so no complaints here about just one gift.

Jeff

Nomar-03-LCM-frt.jpg

Nomar-03-LCM-back.jpg

Absolutely stunning card there, Jeff !

ps - Thanks for the Bilal ! Absolutely LOVE it !!!!

zlpeterson

Sep 23, 2015
San Francisco
Good timing because I've been wondering how everyone let's the significant other know what to buy. My wife is into surprises so she would never ask me specifically what card I have my eye on. She's also not into it at all, just puts up with the fact that I am.

How does one drop a hint such as the Mirror Emerald Nomar above? Nice gift!

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
A few more of my Christmas presents to myself, which included the Gomez.
DANNY
Joe Beggs on a 2013 Pride of the Pinstripes card

Ben Chapman on a Diamond Greats card PSA/DNA

Babe Dahlgren on a Diamond Greats card PSA/DNA

#563 #564
Bob Shawkey and Bob Meusel on a 2011 SP Legendary Cuts card

George Selkirk on a 2011 Donruss Limited Cuts card

Joe Sewell on a 1961 Fleer card PSA/DNA

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
My awesome wife got me several cards for Christmas, my favorites below:

xmas2015cards.jpg

2003 Leaf Certified Materials Mirror Emerald Miguel Tejada 01/05, 2000 E-X Essential Credentials Future Tim Hudson 01/34, 2011 Topps Marquee Titanic Threads Reggie Jackson 76/99

xmas2015goudey.jpg

The Grove was right at the top of my vintage wantlist and while I don't really like way-OC cards, I don't think it looks too bad with this one. Even though it has the (MC) qualifier there's at least a slight border visible. I didn't have any Cochrane vintage cards so it's nice to round out the HOF battery here! It'll probably be a while before I pick up one of the Foxx's from the set, my '35 Goudey 4-in-1 will have to suffice.

xmas2015cobb.jpg

Yes Ty Cobb spent the last couple years of his career with the A's, and this is one of the few relic cards which feature him on the team. Very excited to add this to my A's collection.

Speaking of greats who ended their career on the A's, I pulled this from a blaster of 2015 Stadium Club in my stocking:

xmas2015piazza.jpg

Numbered 1/5 and I would imagine pretty impossible odds from a retail pack. I didn't have a Piazza autograph and it was a memorable pull so I think I'll keep it.

Members online

Latest posts