Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone watch that $11,000 1973 Topps box break on Blowout?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Meaning I know the guys and they have made a good amount of money. Just because you think its a dumb move does not mean others are not profitting and having a blast. I can careless if you dont believe me but Id venture to say most on these boards do. I could always ask for their detailed books just for you though. LOL.

I'm not even sure what your point is. You know of 1 or 2 people who have somehow profited doing something that everyone knows is a supreme risk. Congratulations?

Last edited:

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
The one thing I agree with SCT on here is that it is a lil' different when comparing vintage wax vs current. Yes the odds are tough regardless from hitting, but when you are adding in with vintage that the "hits" relate to grades/condition it's that much tougher. If you spend $11k on this and get nothing really gradable (and that can happen) you could end up with $100 in cards. If you spent $11k on new wax, you may get your ass kicked, but I don't think you could lose 99% which is what the vintage possibly is.

Ryan

rexvos

Aug 24, 2008
i would agree with SCT on this $11,000 is out of my price range and is a risk. I would disagree it is for idiots. If you have the $$ to spend then it is a blast to open it and look through for graders, even commons in PSA 10 bring big $$$. Problem is centering is a major issue and you probably have tons of 6s-8s out of that box with little value. It is the same as buying a 1986 fleer basketball pack for $1k A PSA 8 Jordan doubles your money, and there are tons of other cards you would hit $200 plus on in a 9, but you have to have the available capital to take the risk. This 73 box would be fun but not the best bang for my buck at that price tag.