Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I hate April fools jokes. (Leaf related)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Does he really think that the industry would even skip a beat?

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
I wish Topps would go out of business..

Then we could have some fantastic cards instead of the **** they put out..

With all card companies it is hit or miss, but with Topps/Bowman they hit more often than any of the others. That is why they have been the mainstay in baseball for well over half a century. Personally, I hope they never go out of business because I do not collect anything else, do not have a single card from another company and never will.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
With all card companies it is hit or miss, but with Topps/Bowman they hit more often than any of the others. That is why they have been the mainstay in baseball for well over half a century. Personally, I hope they never go out of business because I do not collect anything else, do not have a single card from another company and never will.

They are still in business because they gave Bud Selig a handy to be the exclusive baseball card company..

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA

They are still in business because they gave Bud Selig a handy to be the exclusive baseball card company..

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Still, when you think baseball cards you think of Topps.

It's got amazing market penetration.

When you have MLB controlling the market and not allowing a true free market by allowing more than one company have a license you dictate where the $$ go..

If MLB allowed more than one license, I think Panini would put out better cards than Topps..

Collectors have already proved that they are willing to buy cards without MLB logos on them..

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
When upper deck, fleer, and donruss all were around and had licenses, I never bought topps. They never measured up to the other companies in my eyes. And if panini got a license, their cards would look better than they do now unlicensed and airbrushed. I can't stand plain Yankees road uniforms, and that horrible terrible looking plain black cap they use. I also think uf leaf got a license, they'd make better looking cards as well

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Still, when you think baseball cards you think of Topps.

It's got amazing market penetration.

Exactly.

When you have MLB controlling the market and not allowing a true free market by allowing more than one company have a license you dictate where the $$ go..

If MLB allowed more than one license, I think Panini would put out better cards than Topps..

Collectors have already proved that they are willing to buy cards without MLB logos on them..

When upper deck, fleer, and donruss all were around and had licenses, I never bought topps. They never measured up to the other companies in my eyes. And if panini got a license, their cards would look better than they do now unlicensed and airbrushed. I can't stand plain Yankees road uniforms, and that horrible terrible looking plain black cap they use. I also think uf leaf got a license, they'd make better looking cards as well

The market had that before and it could not sustain the saturation. Topps/Bowman was the only left standing strong in the market. Personally, it does not matter to me if Topps has the exclusive license which I think has been better for the industry, I will continue buying only their baseball. I think the exclusive license to Topps/Bowman brought value back to baseball cards and now they are in a much better position to sign player contracts, which will have them in a position to continue being the mainstay for baseball.

Latest posts