Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Beware of PWCC eBay listing for '89 Bowman Tiffany Griffey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rotel

Mar 14, 2017
Not sure how best to warn people but PWCC is knowingly listing a damaged 1989 Bowman Tiffany Griffey card here : https://www.ebay.com/itm/142303805845

I purchased this card last November and there was significant damage to an edge due to the card being loose in the holder. After going through eBay I was finally able to return it but it seems they have relisted it once it rolled of eBay's history.

I emailed them from a different account asking why they relisted it and they stated that it was due to a non paying bidder.

please beware of this card/ seller

Last edited:

Rotel

Mar 14, 2017
do you have a pic of the card when it was in your hands?
This is the only picture I could find at the moment-unfortunately it was compressed by my eBay outbox. This is one of four I sent them. It's hard to tell from this compressed picture but that dent is very noticeable in person.
http://imgur.com/a/pVQLI

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
I highly doubt that it moved in that case since encapsulation. I thought imperfections from the factory cutting process were not considered defective in graded cards from this era.

Rotel

Mar 14, 2017
I highly doubt that it moved in that case since encapsulation. I thought imperfections from the factory cutting process were not considered defective in graded cards from this era.

I respectfully disagree in this case. The card was fairly loose and the dent rested perfectly along the holders edge.

Below is there response saying that the card had never been returned.

http://imgur.com/a/0mW66

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I could see why you wouldn't want that item, as you were looking for the card to match the grade. I don't think the ding going in was a factory cutting issue like the part that are excess that extend past the border. Not sure it happened from moving around either. The pic PWCC def doesn't show it well. It's hard as the consignor as the grade given is what it is. Not sure what the best route is.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I respectfully disagree in this case. The card was fairly loose and the dent rested perfectly along the holders edge.

Below is there response saying that the card had never been returned.

http://imgur.com/a/0mW66

IMO the best way to handle this may be to just email them from the same account not a different one as you stated earlier. Explain to them the situation and see how they handle it. The way you messaged from a different account their response can easily be explained away. As more than likely this is a staple response that they email out and they will just say that we consign so many items we have no way of doing the actual research to determine every card we list has not been listed before.

Specifically state that YOU bought the card, returned it and why. If they still do not do anything about it, it would make the intentions that much more clear. (If they pull it down or at least add a disclaimer then that would be good. Either way, that sucks cause that would have been a great card to own.

Rotel

Mar 14, 2017
IMO the best way to handle this may be to just email them from the same account not a different one as you stated earlier. Explain to them the situation and see how they handle it. The way you messaged from a different account their response can easily be explained away. As more than likely this is a staple response that they email out and they will just say that we consign so many items we have no way of doing the actual research to determine every card we list has not been listed before.

Specifically state that YOU bought the card, returned it and why. If they still do not do anything about it, it would make the intentions that much more clear. (If they pull it down or at least add a disclaimer then that would be good. Either way, that sucks cause that would have been a great card to own.

I sent them an email with the original account. I will update if I get a reply.

I was very dissapointed since the centering is better than most PSA 10s that I've seen. Seemed like an easy cross over to PSA too.

It seems that some on here don't agree that the indent is even an issue which actually makes me feel better because I'd hate for someone to get burned on this.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I sent them an email with the original account. I will update if I get a reply.

I was very dissapointed since the centering is better than most PSA 10s that I've seen. Seemed like an easy cross over to PSA too.

It seems that some on here don't agree that the indent is even an issue which actually makes me feel better because I'd hate for someone to get burned on this.

Curious if you ever heard a response on this