Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Maybe I'm just being a little sensitive, but this annoyed me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I've been looking for the Ryan McMahon 2016 Bowman Draft superfractor andddd BOOM it shows up on eBay. Way over priced but I figure I'll negotiate. Seller gives me his number and I give him a call, we're still not that close on price but the guy tell me it's a replacement for another damaged superfractor. I spent a lot of money in breaks in hopes of hitting this damn thing and Topps doesn't even put it in packs? I understand they have to keep some cards for replacements but supers too? Is it just me or does that seem ridiculous to others? No matter what player it is, that's THE biggest card n that set and to hold it back doesn't seem right.......or maybe I'm too sensitive?

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Seems odd it wasn't packed out unless Bowman purchased in open market? Not sure if that's a possibility.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Seems odd it wasn't packed out unless Bowman purchased in open market? Not sure if that's a possibility.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector
I've been looking out for this cards since the day draft hit. BO has a tracker so it looks like someone would have seen it at some point

sierra79

Feb 15, 2016
Deland, Florida
LOL. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they purposefully 'delayed' packing/shipping out some of the top prospects in order to keep collectors breaking boxes.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I think we've seen this before with supers and other 1/1's. Topps response has been blanket statement that they keep whatever % behind for replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Imagine if the 2006 BCDP Evan Longoria Superfractor that's never been made public was being kept by Topps as a replacement all this time.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
Imagine if the 2006 BCDP Evan Longoria Superfractor that's never been made public was being kept by Topps as a replacement all this time.
I assume the Longoria super found a permanent home shortly after release. Or the original owner still has it stockpiled. Or it hasn't been pulled. How much do 2006 BCDP boxes sell for...

sierra79

Feb 15, 2016
Deland, Florida
See if you could file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau wherever Bowman's located for shady business practices.

Honestly, if they indeed did that with the intention of hooking collectors (and I'm not a lawyer), someone could probably have good grounds file a lawsuit. It sounds like bait and switch, without the switch and pure bait, which reminds me of the 1933 Goudy Lajoie scam. Imagine if they were to do that with, say the big chase Babe Ruth cut auto card or whatever they else they put on their Triple Threads boxes. It would be something if they sat on it and placed it on one of the last pallets to get shipped out.

Maybe another reason to reinforce why I rarely open packs anymore and mostly buy everything off of the secondary market. I tend to see modern collecting (with the advent of the parallels/inserts/and intentional errors or SP's) as a form of 'manufactured' memorabilia vs. that of the junk wax period and earlier when card companies were just trying to meet the demand and make cards for kids and collectors who were trying to collect players, teams, and finish sets. Now everything is deliberately controlled by the card companies. From production numbers, insert/parallel ratios, gimmick SP variations, gimmick errors, to even secondary market releases of preproduction material (i.e. topps vault, etc.), it doesn't seem unlikely that card manufactures would think about how to keep the collector's hooked in different ways.

Anyway to get back on a more positive note, I still love collecting and am as hooked as ever:)

Members online