Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

thoughts on getting a superfractor autographed in person????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
Fair enough but it isn't necessarily "yours". It's being a little selfish IMO. You'll eventually pass on. So others have to live with your decisions. I could maybe, over the course of my lifetime, be able to afford a very rare painting. How about I take it to the shooting range and blow holes in it? It's mine right?

Don't get me wrong...I love auto'd cards, provided they are legit. And I do that on my own too with plenty of cards I own. Having it authenticated is icing on the cake. But personally, I'd never be able to take something that has no equal, and altering it in any way. Your train of thought, even though it is merely about a card that hasn't much bearing on the general well being of anything, is a pretty scary one. People have those types of attitudes about a lot of things and eventually it comes back to bite us collectively. A lot of quotes ring true here but I'll use Ian Malcom (Goldblum) from Jurassic Park..."Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, that they didn't stop to think if they should.". IMO, as a collector and a lover of the hobby, be responsible.

For starters, I would never compare a rare baseball card to fine art. If you want to go blow holes in your art with a gun have at it, its "yours". I have no desire to think that far into the future, I live my life 1 day at a time. Its "my" hobby and "my" collection. I collect for "my" desires.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
For starters, I would never compare a rare baseball card to fine art. If you want to go blow holes in your art with a gun have at it, its "yours". I have no desire to think that far into the future, I live my life 1 day at a time. Its "my" hobby and "my" collection. I collect for "my" desires.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

I respectfully disagree but to each their own. I can certainly understand your viewpoint.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
Its your collection, get it signed.

I havr a Steve Yzerman patch /25 I had auto'd. Autographed patches sell for $200 and plain patches $50.
It was a no-brainer

Plus waaaaaay too much importance is placed on value. If its PC do it!

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Without reading any other comments, I say that I like the idea. It's not like they're rookie cards either, right? I hope you know the best pen/marker to use. I don't; I'm just saying, this would be the time to get it exactly right. They might look nice slabbed from PSA after that too.

Good Luck.

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
I got a highend xfractor signed with a silver sharpie & it looks dumb. I double state the fancy blue marker!

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I got a Ryne Sandberg 83 Fleer signed with blue sharpie. It was sharp!!
As for the super.. do it. What can it hurt? Just ask Jemile to sign it at a certain spot. Explain why. If he doesn't want to.. eh.. Dont sweat it.. keep the card

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I personally wouldn't get a Superfractor autographed. To me it's already a notable card with it's own value as a one-of-one. Whether that value is monetary on eBay or more sentimental as a PC item, it's an irreplacable card and I think it ought to be left in it's original state.

That being said, it's your card and you should do whatever you feel will help you enjoy it the most. Some people would file it away in a holder in a box, some would get it graded, some would display it in their mancave. Heck, if you want to stuff it in your wallet and carry it around with you, then do it. As long as you're getting enjoyment out of your card, there's nothing wrong with whatever you do with.

Sent using the Freedom Card Board mobile app.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
I personally wouldn't get a Superfractor autographed. To me it's already a notable card with it's own value as a one-of-one. Whether that value is monetary on eBay or more sentimental as a PC item, it's an irreplacable card and I think it ought to be left in it's original state.

That being said, it's your card and you should do whatever you feel will help you enjoy it the most. Some people would file it away in a holder in a box, some would get it graded, some would display it in their mancave. Heck, if you want to stuff it in your wallet and carry it around with you, then do it. As long as you're getting enjoyment out of your card, there's nothing wrong with whatever you do with.

Sent using the Freedom Card Board mobile app.

Been in all of my Wallets behind my ID since 2011 :D

20130816_172548_RichtoneHDR_zps1dd460fb.jpg
20130816_172607_RichtoneHDR_zps844b791e.jpg
20130816_172658_RichtoneHDR_zps34d9d501.jpg
20130816_172707_RichtoneHDR_zpsb83020d5.jpg
20130816_172720_RichtoneHDR_zpsed492f17.jpg

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Fair enough but it isn't necessarily "yours". It's being a little selfish IMO. You'll eventually pass on. So others have to live with your decisions. I could maybe, over the course of my lifetime, be able to afford a very rare painting. How about I take it to the shooting range and blow holes in it? It's mine right?

Don't get me wrong...I love auto'd cards, provided they are legit. And I do that on my own too with plenty of cards I own. Having it authenticated is icing on the cake. But personally, I'd never be able to take something that has no equal, and altering it in any way. Your train of thought, even though it is merely about a card that hasn't much bearing on the general well being of anything, is a pretty scary one. People have those types of attitudes about a lot of things and eventually it comes back to bite us collectively. A lot of quotes ring true here but I'll use Ian Malcom (Goldblum) from Jurassic Park..."Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, that they didn't stop to think if they should.". IMO, as a collector and a lover of the hobby, be responsible.

" Your train of thought, even though it is merely about a card that hasn't much bearing on the general well being of anything, is a pretty scary one. "

I will help you out. I will make your quote very short.
I was nice in my last post, upon further review.

It would be a NUMBSKULL move.
tumblr_lsvs3a2Zpo1qfk2dio1_500.jpg

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
Do whatever you want it is your card. I think it would be pretty bad ass autographed and the slabbed PSA/DNA.

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
I'm thinking of getting THIS one signed --

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378159582585.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378159582585.jpg
    568 KB · Views: 71

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Not to get too deep or anything but buying backdoored cards only supports those that steal and re sell them.

Like buying a dog from a puppy mill. Yeah it's cheaper, but the whole scene behind it is dirty. We, as a hobby as a whole, can never rid ourselves from shady people unless we stop buying from them.

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
I paid the grand price of $0.99

He's not getting rich;
I'm sure he lost money on the deal.

Members online