Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 "1990" ud stamped anniversary buy backs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
I do have the 90. Brad has 2 cards that I have never seen pop up. The 89 Buyback and the 2010 Topps 206 Old Mill. The Old Mill still baffles me with its no show.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Another reason this always seemed fishy to me. I'm just glad Kile wasn't in the set because I don't have to worry about it. Lord knows I would have picked it up.
THIS ^ Upper Deck made a million of everything those years. Those cards are bogus.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
THIS ^ Upper Deck made a million of everything those years. Those cards are bogus.
He never said there was only ONE!!! He said he had SETS! The odds that these were not made by Upper Deck are virtually 0, and if you've held one in your hand, you'd have to agree.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada

He never said there was only ONE!!! He said he had SETS! The odds that these were not made by Upper Deck are virtually 0, and if you've held one in your hand, you'd have to agree.

I agree. I don't own a 2009/1989 buyback to compare the stamp, but the 1990 Olerud I have does look legit. The stamp is clearly an Upper Deck hologram and would be very difficult to fake.

- Rodrick

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I agree. I don't own a 2009/1989 buyback to compare the stamp, but the 1990 Olerud I have does look legit. The stamp is clearly an Upper Deck hologram and would be very difficult to fake.

- Rodrick
I agree with you also. Question is would Beckett or PSA stick there neck out a back these up? This same debate happened on the Bench. Bottom line is I'm happy I added these cards of my players to my collection, Kevin in CT.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
I agree with you also. Question is would Beckett or PSA stick there neck out a back these up? This same debate happened on the Bench. Bottom line is I'm happy I added these cards of my players to my collection, Kevin in CT.

I wouldn't think Beckett or PSA would recognize these since they weren't officially released, either as production items or promos. That said, they have slabbed things like the blue press proof from Donruss, and those came out of nowhere. I guess it's really a matter of money. For enough $$$, I'm sure they'd slab these in a heartbeat. Both companies have slabbed counterfeit cards and forged signatures, why not back-doored inserts?

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
These things have dried up completely... for those that never got their guy are you kicking yourself now? I just had this discussion with a fellow collector today

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Yeah, I regret not making the deal that was offered for all the cards I wanted. Seemed pricey at the time. Now it seems like a bargain.

Latest posts