Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The #MiLBDailyThread & Futures Game Thread - 7/12

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
This thread will be covering both the MiLB and the Futures Game, which can be seen on the MLBN at 3pm EST.

Today's notables include:

Brent Honeywell
Kevin Ziomek
Luis Severino vs. Daniel Norris
Rob Kaminsky
Michael Kopech
Jose Alvarado
Adam Plutko
Jack Flaherty
Devin Williams
Ty Buttrey
Stephen Gonsalves
Jeff Hoffman
Reynaldo Lopez
Brett Lilek
Pierce Johnson
Spencer Adams
Ryne Stanek
Nolan Watson
Miguel Almonte
Jon Gray
Kendry Flores
Carson Sands

Matchup of the Day
Lucas Giolito vs. Jose Berrios (US vs. World)

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
i'd be surprised if Jon Gray is not starting for COL today. Rockies opened up 40 man roster spot yesterday without filling it and bettis is COL scheduled starter and I think he's stunk up the joint lately. I could easily see option Bettis to ABQ, purchase the contract of Jon Gray.

Very unusual IMHO for a MLB club to free up 40 man roster room just for the heck of it - in my experience it usually signals getting ready to purchase the contract of someone from the minors (and don't want to tip their hand before it's legally necessary), or a trade or waiver claim is pending that will need that 40man roster spot.

Last edited:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
i'd be surprised if Jon Gray is not starting for COL today. Rockies opened up 40 man roster spot yesterday without filling it and bettis is COL scheduled starter and I think he's stunk up the joint lately. I could easily see option Bettis to ABQ, purchase the contract of Jon Gray.

Per Rotoworld, his MLB debut would take place this Friday.

Rockies pitching prospect Jon Gray could be called up to make his major league debut this week.
Nick Groke of the Denver Post lists the club's first game after the All-Star break on Friday as a possibility for Gray's debut. It makes sense, as Gray's promotion has been speculated about recently and the Rockies have an opening both in their rotation and on their 40-man roster. The No. 2 overall pick in the 2013 draft, Gray's 4.68 ERA and 76 strikeouts over 90 1/3 Triple-A innings this season aren't very exciting. However, note that he's been pitching at a launching pad in Albuquerque and has a 3.22 ERA since the beginning of May.
Source: Denver Post Jul 12 - 10:41 AM

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Per Rotoworld, his MLB debut would take place this Friday.

that would stink to have his MLB debut be on like 9-10 days rest.

It would be good to see him pitch some today on his normal rest for ABQ (or just call up to COL and start in the game before the ASB, again on normal rest) but I can see if he starts for ABQ how it is an injury risk that might cause him to not be available on friday for the Rockies.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Rob Kaminsky's line - 6 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 BB, 4 K

Brent Honeywell's line - 6.1 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 1 BB, 6 K

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Welp, Schwarber's 2-run triple won him MVP. USA wins again. :)

Back to MiLB.

Stephen Piscotty HR (11)

Nellie Rodriguez 2 HR (12)

Michael Kopech's line - 5 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 4 BB, 3 K

Jack Flaherty's line - 6 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 6 K

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Domingo Santana HR (12)

Jeff Hoffman's line - 6.2 IP, 7 H, 1 R, 0 BB, 6 K

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008