Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 Bowman Chrome Preliminary Info (Vending Boxes Return)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Gold Ref Autos are exclusive to Vending boxes this year. Ummm......

Engel.pngFrazier.pngMateo.png Park.pngPiazza.png
Robinson.pngSanchez.pngSchwarber.pngVlad.png
Walker.pngOrtiz.pngSnell.pngUrias.pngDOrtiz.png

What: 2016 Bowman Chrome baseball cards
Arrives: Sept. 7

Box basics: six packs and one autograph per mini-box, two mini-boxes per box (12 boxes per case); Vending: 80 cards total — 33 Chrome base cards, 33 Chrome Prospects cards, three autographs, five Bowman Chrome Prospects exclusive Refractors, six Bowman Scouts Updates inserts.

What’s buzz-worthy: One of the hobby’s heavyweights returns with a new mini-box format for standard boxes and a vending box option — complete with exclusives — for those who rip in bulk.

The Basics: The new look also comes with some new inclusions — Arizona Fall League cards and Relics – along “with a richer rate of color variations.” … Prospects will have Refractor along with Blue, Green, Gold, Orange, Red and 1/1 Superfractor and printing plates. On-card prospect autos will have the same rainbow but no Gold. … Rookie autos will have the same rainbow. .. Also among the autograph options will be Prime Position autos with Green, Gold, Orange and Supers — while prep All-American cards also will be in the mix.

The Arizona Fall League inserts will be hobby-only focusing on Fall Stars, while Bowman Scouts and Out of the Game will focus on impact players with a retro design. The first two inserts here will have autographed parallels. … The AFL Fall Stars Game Relics will be jumbo swatches from game-used memorabilia for top players — hats, bases and bats — with parallels that will include Orange (/25) and 1/1 Superfractors. … Also in play will be Refractors That Never Were — with autographs — and Blue Shimmer Hot Packs. … The base set size was not revealed but will have a rainbow of Purple, Blue, Green, Gold, Orange, Red and 1/1 Supers and plates.

Among the Vending Box exclusives will be 33 base cards from 2016 Bowman printed on Chrome stock, and Black & Gold Prospect Refractors. … The Gold Prospect autos will only be found in Vending, not in any other packs. … Some boxes will have Orange Shimmer packs.

Last edited:

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
What exactly is a vending box? I'm assuming they are not talking about retail.

Oh yeah, another exclusive refractor color, just great...why couldn't they have done it with a color that isn't as popular as Gold? Or at least created a new color instead?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
What exactly is a vending box? I'm assuming they are not talking about retail.

Back in the good ol' days, up until the early 90's, Topps created these boxes for vending machines in such things as amusement parks, putt-putt golf, etc. It's basically a wax box without any wrappers - just an assortment of random cards.

I like the idea of exclusives in these boxes, but not the Gold Ref Autos.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Back in the good ol' days, up until the early 90's, Topps created these boxes for vending machines in such things as amusement parks, putt-putt golf, etc. It's basically a wax box without any wrappers - just an assortment of random cards.

I like the idea of exclusives in these boxes, but not the Gold Ref Autos.

OK, gotcha and I assume they will be going to the big time breakers? Or can they be purchased from distributors?

Agreed, gold refractors are the last colored refractors that should be used as exclusives.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Here are the official solicitations for Vending, which apparently is replacing Jumbo. Haven't seen the Hobby sheets yet.

IMG_20160329_132317.jpg
IMG_20160329_132313.jpg
IMG_20160329_132308.jpg
IMG_20160329_132302.jpg

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
Just got my pre sell sheet from distributor.
Looks like they are going from 72 cards to 60 cards a box for the same cost

2016 BOWMAN CHROME BASEBALL HOBBY
***5 cards per pack, 12 packs per box, 12 boxes per case
***CONTENT HIGHLIGHTS:
- 2 Autographs per box.
- Now includes Arizona Fall League Memorabilia. This will be the only product with these Memorabilia cards.
- Richer rate of color variations.
(12 boxes)
***Release Date: September 7th
***ORDER DUE DATE: May 11th

2016 BOWMAN CHROME BASEBALL VENDING BOX
***80 cards per box, 12 boxes per case
***CONTENT HIGHLIGHTS:
- 3 Autographs per box.
- Vending Box exclusive Black & Gold Refractors.
- Look for Vending Box exclusive Base Cards as well.
(12 boxes)
***Release Date: September 7th
***ORDER DUE DATE: May 11th

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Wrapper redemption for the vending? ;)

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I'd thought the Orange Autos were gone, but I was looking at the wrong sheets - they're Hobby only.

IMG_20160329_151244.jpg

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
This product may drive [MENTION=2360]sportscardtheory[/MENTION] over the edge - everyone stand back.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
This product may drive @sportscardtheory over the edge - everyone stand back.

I am unsure as to why I would care about this product. I did get a laugh out of the Kyle Schwarber 2nd year "RC" though. I love how this ridiculous company just makes it's own rules and expects no one to notice. Exclusive licensing at it's very worst. 'Get your Miguel Sano and Kyle Schwarber 2nd year "RCs", folks! Step right up!'

Last edited:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I am unsure as to why I would care about this product.

I figured you collected rookies and didn't care much for Topps, let alone the twists and turns this product offers.

Of course I've always been lousy at predicting people's behavior, so...

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
To sum up the exclusive content per category:

Hobby Exclusives
Base Veteran Cards
Base Rookie Cards
Base Orange Ref/25
Base Green Ref
Prospect Autos Orange Ref/25
Rookie Autos Orange Ref/25
Prime Position Autos Orange Ref/25
Out of the Gate Insert Set
AFL Fall Stars Insert Set
AFL Fall Stars Relics
AFL Fall Stars Orange Ref/25
AFL Fall Stars Superfractor
AFL Fall Stars Autos
Prospect Blue Shimmer Ref Hot Packs

Vending Exclusives
Prospect Base Chrome From 2016 Bowman (33/Box)
Black & Gold Ref (5/Box)
Prospect Autos Gold Ref
Prospect Orange Shimmer Ref Hot Packs

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
I'm not a fan at all of the refractor auto exclusives when it comes to the original colors (base ref, blue, gold, orange, red, superfractor) but feel free to have all the green, purple, black, shimmer, wave exclusives as they want. To be honest it doesn't bother me all that much because these days for the most part I stick to buying singles and limit myself to maybe one case of Bowman & Bowman Draft but when I do buy that case it does anger me a bit.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I'm not a fan at all of the refractor auto exclusives when it comes to the original colors (base ref, blue, gold, orange, red, superfractor) but feel free to have all the green, purple, black, shimmer, wave exclusives as they want. To be honest it doesn't bother me all that much because these days for the most part I stick to buying singles and limit myself to maybe one case of Bowman & Bowman Draft but when I do buy that case it does anger me a bit.

Thing is, Topps knows these original colors (Gold/Orange) are among the most popular, both in eye appeal and in ROI, and so they split them up to entice you to invest in both models.

Members online