Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Xander Bogaerts Promoted to AAA Pawtucket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
I'm kind of wondering if there is any chance they will trade Stephen Drew by the deadline and call up Brock Holt to be the utility IF and have Bogaerts in AAA just incase Iglesias were to get injured or something. Am I talking crazy here? I'm sure there are a couple of contenders out there that need a SS and Drew has not been that great offensively for us and he is only signed through the end of the year so might as well get something for him and play the hot hand in Iglesias.

jess0304

Oct 10, 2012
Where do you see him playing? Tough to play him ahead of Iglesias the way he's played when given the opportunity plus drew is still there...If he gets the call is it simply a roster spot? Or could he actually play?

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
xander-bogaerts-2013-kb-300x225.jpg

He's a lot smaller than I thought...

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Why would you pass on giving up a Ronny Cedeno type player for one of the elite closers in the game?
lol this post made me laugh.

First of all, you must not know who Iglesias is but he has the quickest hands arguably in all of baseball, who has proved he can also be a plus defender at third base as well as SS. Think Omar Vizquel (offensively and defensively), not sure where you got the Ronny Cedeno comp, who is average defensively at best?

Secondly, the Sox have already had Papelbon...those several years were enough. The last couple were brutal and he obviously doesn't give a sh*t about playing in Boston. He has a ridiculous contract which is not worth paying any relief pitcher whose name is not Mariano Rivera. Also, the Sox are in first place with out a top rated closer and one of them is out for the year...plenty of in house options for that spot without giving up a future defensive wiz and paying tens of millions of dollars/year.

That is why. I shouldn't even have to explain it...

Back to the original post, It will be interesting to see how Boegarts does in AAA, and if they start to groom him to play other positions. If they don't, I wouldn't be surprised to see Drew be traded. Is this his first AAA game tonight? So far 0-1 BB but nice to see Webster with an absolute gem 6IP 1H 0ER 1BB 6K.

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
He went deep in the first game of the doubleheader.

Last edited:

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
lol this post made me laugh.

First of all, you must not know who Iglesias is but he has the quickest hands arguably in all of baseball, who has proved he can also be a plus defender at third base as well as SS. Think Omar Vizquel (offensively and defensively), not sure where you got the Ronny Cedeno comp, who is average defensively at best?

Secondly, the Sox have already had Papelbon...those several years were enough. The last couple were brutal and he obviously doesn't give a sh*t about playing in Boston. He has a ridiculous contract which is not worth paying any relief pitcher whose name is not Mariano Rivera. Also, the Sox are in first place with out a top rated closer and one of them is out for the year...plenty of in house options for that spot without giving up a future defensive wiz and paying tens of millions of dollars/year.

That is why. I shouldn't even have to explain it...

Back to the original post, It will be interesting to see how Boegarts does in AAA, and if they start to groom him to play other positions. If they don't, I wouldn't be surprised to see Drew be traded. Is this his first AAA game tonight? So far 0-1 BB but nice to see Webster with an absolute gem 6IP 1H 0ER 1BB 6K.

Papelbon for Iglesias is looking mighty tempting right now.

Members online

Latest posts