Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Probstein & bbcardsniper AKA Brad Ziegler EXPOSED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Using the Dawson example and that scale above, here is what those who think the 4 tops bids taking the time to be shilled and possibly not even sold if your saying the winning bid was a shill too translates to for Probstein.

If normal sales are $15 and this went for $30. That's a $15 difference. Lets say they have an all in cost for eBay/PP fees of 10% (this isn't taking employee cost in to consideration/time etc) and are paying the owner of the card 85%. That leaves 5% or .75 extra profit to them for that additional $15 in bids. Doesn't seem worth the time does it? Does it seem worth it for the owner to get the 85% of the additional $15, yes maybe, but not the consignor.

Ryan

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
.75, which is at the low end for probstein sales... x 1,000 auctions = $750

I get it if you want to say everything is shilled. I'm not willing to think that at this point. Even the time and energy with the amount of employee costs etc for $750, I don't see it. But maybe I'm in the minority, but that's ok.

Ryan

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Is this accurate?

over $2500 , you get 90% of the sales price ( probstein123 pays all ebay and paypal fees )
btw $1000-$2499 , you get 89% of the sales price ( probstein123 pays all ebay and paypal fees )
btw 100-$999 , you get 88% of the sales price ( probstein123 pays all ebay and paypal fees )
btw $50-99 , you get 87% of the sales price ( probstein123 pays all ebay and paypal fees )
btw $25-49 , you get 86% of the sales price ( probstein123 pays all ebay and paypal fees )
below $25 , you get 85% of the sales price ( probstein123 pays all ebay and paypal fees )

Those are the fees structure that I have received in the past.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Such bull**** that he doesn't mention at all that those cards are homemade crap. To say those GU'd windows look like they were cut by a retard with dull scissors would be an insult to a retard with dull scissors.

Does he even know...? Nowhere in the title or section does it mention reprint, and in the "Card Attributes" it says Piece of Authentic.
I don't know what's worse him not knowing what these cards are or if he does know and is actively trying to hide it to scam people.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Does he even know...? Nowhere in the title or section does it mention reprint, and in the "Card Attributes" it says Piece of Authentic.
I don't know what's worse him not knowing what these cards are or if he does know and is actively trying to hide it to scam people.

I've been to Rick's place. He had a room for of employees working. Not all of them are experts in cards (probably safer that way so less likely someone walks off with something). Just message them if you are a mistake (or don't).

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
I've been to Rick's place. He had a room for of employees working. Not all of them are experts in cards (probably safer that way so less likely someone walks off with something). Just message them if you are a mistake (or don't).

I agree it's most likely a employee thing, however he should be able to oversee obvious errors and correct them.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
I agree it's most likely a employee thing, however he should be able to oversee obvious errors and correct them.

We are bidding on the items that are being sold by the owner of the company. When you list things under your name or your ebay address, you own it. Those cards should not get through anyone and the fact they are being sold together seems to point to the fact someone may know something is wrong with them...

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States

Would anyone in their right minds sell those 4 together if they knew they were legit?

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Would anyone in their right minds sell those 4 together if they knew they were legit?

Good point, to be honest I just didn't realize this guys operation required so many employees my guess was he had 2-3 knowledgeable guys he trusted who helped him out.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Good point, to be honest I just didn't realize this guys operation required so many employees my guess was he had 2-3 knowledgeable guys he trusted who helped him out.

IIRC he had about 8-10 people working there. And as mentioned I think they may specifically not be collectors intentionally (although I can't say for sure, that was the impression I got).

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
IIRC he had about 8-10 people working there. And as mentioned I think they may specifically not be collectors intentionally (although I can't say for sure, that was the impression I got).

Interesting info but with all due respect, terrible way to run a business. There are plenty of ways to ensure that your inventory is not stolen, this is something that all businesses who hold inventory need to deal with. If you run a sports memorabilia business and intentionally hire people who knows nothing about sports memorabilia just so they don't run off with your stuff, you're doing your customers a disservice. If as a business owner you give the excuse that my employees aren't competent that's 100% on the business owner. Nothing different than a business that sells jewelry, jewelers don't hire people who know nothing about jewelry just so they don't run off with gold or diamonds they take the proper precautions for that not to happen.

This is not directed at you in any way just to be clear, I just think this guy cares 0.0% about his customers and his integrity and cares about absolutely nothing but his bottom line but just my personal opinion.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
It always sucks to see these fakes, sometimes funny when they are horribly made like this most recent example, but this screams the importance of knowing what you are about to purchase prior to spending money. We can blame sellers all day long for having fake cards in the inventory, but at the end of the day it is our wallets that make the decision to purchase with confidence. I'm not saying this is wrong and I certainly think any seller would want to have quality control to not have others judge their integrity and such.

Members online

Latest posts