Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will Clark Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Thanks guys, I like that era of 03-05 items, and was happy to add some missing items. Taking those crappy pics makes me want to up my game with a site, maybe work on it later this year. Working on something big that hopefully I'll share this summer.

Ryan

Spike

Oct 22, 2013
My 2005 Trailblazer has a hole in the exhaust and needs new tires. Time to trade it in?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Will-Clarks...433217?hash=item1c678dd741:g:Im4AAOSwR5dXRMXJ

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 134

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Ha Joel, I was gonna post that but I was at work and forgot too. I sent it to my wife and said there is her next ride. I said it it was $1-2k Id buy it ;)

However I do have a 2005 Trailblazer and you stating the hole in the exhaust doesn't make me feel good either !

Ryan

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
A lil' addition post before a MUCH larger one;)

Been helping out at a friends auction company on the side the past few weeks and he had accumulated some "junk" over time. I looked through some of it and came across these. He just let me have them, but these are items I've never added because no way was I gonna pay the shipping to get. Anyway, for my "Supercollecting" habits, they were nice additions. Even better, they are all sealed so no need to have to upgrade later. Listed the players I know we have collectors of on the boards also featured.

1988 Topps
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1466902177.854810.jpg
Also has Puckett, Trammell, etc

1989 Score
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1466902238.873233.jpg
Also has Boggs, etc

1989 Fleer
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1466902260.655105.jpg
Also has Mattingly, Canseco, Ventura, Alomar, Thomas, Belle etc

1990 Bowman
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1466902476.166794.jpg

1990 Fleer
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1466902512.556466.jpg
Also has Bo, Davis, Puckett, Grace, etc

1990 Score
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1466902594.602594.jpg
Also has Olerud, Rickey, etc

1991 Donruss
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1466902646.982758.jpg
Also has Rickey, Griffey, Nolan, Sandberg, Strawberry, Lankford, Canseco, etc

Ryan

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1466902260.655105.jpg
    ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1466902260.655105.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 24

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
A lil' addition post before a MUCH larger one;)

Been helping out at a friends auction company on the side the past few weeks and he had accumulated some "junk" over time. I looked through some of it and came across these. He just let me have them, but these are items I've never added because no way was I gonna pay the shipping to get. Anyway, for my "Supercollecting" habits, they were nice additions. Even better, they are all sealed so no need to have to upgrade later. Listed the players I know we have collectors of on the boards also featured.

1988 Topps
View attachment 63086
Also has Puckett, Trammell, etc

1989 Score
View attachment 63087
Also has Boggs, etc

1989 Fleer
View attachment 63088
Also has Mattingly, Canseco, Ventura, Alomar, Thomas, Belle etc

1990 Bowman
View attachment 63090

1990 Fleer
View attachment 63091
Also has Bo, Davis, Puckett, Grace, etc

1990 Score
View attachment 63092
Also has Olerud, Rickey, etc

1991 Donruss
View attachment 63093
Also has Rickey, Griffey, Nolan, Sandberg, Strawberry, Lankford, Canseco, etc

Ryan

Very cool!!!! Congrats on the pick ups. I still need to pick up some different 88 Fleer boxes but shipping prices usually deters me

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
Those boxes are cool. I always liked the "mini" cards people would cut out of them. Too many come with a crease or other blemish, though. Still pretty cool! (I doubt I'd store complete boxes, but hopefully you have more storage space than I do.)

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Those boxes are cool. I always liked the "mini" cards people would cut out of them. Too many come with a crease or other blemish, though. Still pretty cool! (I doubt I'd store complete boxes, but hopefully you have more storage space than I do.)

I've got most of the cuts, but maybe missing a few. One of those things where I want all the up opened sets / boxes he was on, but avoid paying shipping. So these for free worked out well.

Ryan

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Here is a cool item (IMHO) that I was as to land. It's a production test for 1995 Bowman's Best (it's blank backed). Basically down the lines of their Mirror Image, but Clark/Magadan (actually only says Gadan) were never in the set, and the design changed. Glad to add it and working on something else that I'll share if it makes it home.

attachment.php

Ryan

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Here is a cool item (IMHO) that I was as to land. It's a production test for 1995 Bowman's Best (it's blank backed). Basically down the lines of their Mirror Image, but Clark/Magadan (actually only says Gadan) were never in the set, and the design changed. Glad to add it and working on something else that I'll share if it makes it home.

attachment.php

Ryan

That card is so awesome. Not only is it a test/sample/proof, but the fact that it says Dave Gaden is so funny! Nice pick up!

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY

Super cool! I've never even heard of this one before!

Spike

Oct 22, 2013
attachment.php

It's been a while.....

Not a rare variation, but I haven't seen this particular one posted: blue vs purple border.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 107

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
Interesting. I've come to really appreciate the tiny variations out there. I'm not sure if this would be a true variation or just a regular printing flaw. I'd have to see how common and consistent this difference is.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
This popped in my saved searches. Anyone have any background or info on it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Will-Clark-Giants-1992-Ace-Novelty-Prototype-Pair-RARE-1-1-/361651099047?

These were cut up from a sheet. The seller of the sheet has the following to say about them:

68 fronts and backs, printed on 1 side, unpublished. In the summer of 1992 the company I worked for as Transportation Supervisor, we had a large printing shop that mainly printed Lottery Scratch tickets. We got involved to print Baseball cards. You had to win the final approval to be published. The baseball commission only granted licenses to 2 printing companies. We came in third. I believe no more than a dozen were ever handed out as samples and therefore very rare. The Ball cap goes with the sheet. Thanks for your bid and you really are getting something rare and different to the card collector.

Spike

Oct 22, 2013
These were cut up from a sheet. The seller of the sheet has the following to say about them:

68 fronts and backs, printed on 1 side, unpublished. In the summer of 1992 the company I worked for as Transportation Supervisor, we had a large printing shop that mainly printed Lottery Scratch tickets. We got involved to print Baseball cards. You had to win the final approval to be published. The baseball commission only granted licenses to 2 printing companies. We came in third. I believe no more than a dozen were ever handed out as samples and therefore very rare. The Ball cap goes with the sheet. Thanks for your bid and you really are getting something rare and different to the card collector.

I read up to 4 different variations exist for each player? Any truth to that? This is the first Clark I've seen.

I love the fact that the Louisiana abbreviation is "LO" instead of "LA"......

Members online

Latest posts