Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Though not 90s really, anyone grab the 1989/2009 Griffey UD 20th Ann Buyback. Was to end today and was only at $1.75 or something, and planned on bidding, then overnight, seller changed to a BIN and it went for $125...

I know one member had a bid in, but regardless of a dinged corner, $125 seems very cheap...???

Ryan

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
[MENTION=6074]gradedeflator[/MENTION] - do you need this Pedro? Found it in a $1 box at a card show today, figured you may want it - if so, PM me your address and I'll PWE it.

Kidding about the PWE.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
One of my cherished right here:

full.jpg

Question to anyone who can help,

how can you tell it is a promo? Is it the name printed in black, or am I missing something else more obvious? I quite a few of the sportflics from these these years and figure I may as well look through them.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota

how can you tell it is a promo? Is it the name printed in black, or am I missing something else more obvious? I quite a few of the sportflics from these these years and figure I may as well look through them.

The stats line is blank.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
In this case, there are no stats. That would tell me that this card is different.

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
Working on all the 90s legacies, slowly but surely. Glad to pick this one up, a BGS 9.5 for only a couple more bucks than Burbank is asking for a raw copy. Not a huge BGS fan but oh well.

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1458511024.715430.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1458511038.887750.jpg

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
I collect Giambi in a Rockies uni... so I doubt it was me =D

Just A's myself! Gotta say I'm glad now I picked up the proto crusades on the side knowing there could be another big bidder out there. Put in a must win bid on the century marks but didn't really expect it to cross $200. Happy to have it all the same!

Dec 4, 2008
Has there ever been a discussion on the 1999 Pacific Prism Red parallels? The more I look into these the tougher they seem to be to locate. Was curious if anyone had cites on what stars go for. Admittedly worthpoint is a mediocre search engine, but I went looking and had trouble finding many cites over the past 10 years for completed sales. These is only one up for sale on comc right now, and just a few up on sportlots.

EDIT: while I don't have any of those silly "history points" on COMC (although I really should start making my buys while logged in to earn some) it does look like there have been a total of 20 sold on there over some period of time.

Last edited:

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
Has there ever been a discussion on the 1999 Pacific Prism Red parallels? The more I look into these the tougher they seem to be to locate. Was curious if anyone had cites on what stars go for. Admittedly worthpoint is a mediocre search engine, but I went looking and had trouble finding many cites over the past 10 years for completed sales. These is only one up for sale on comc right now, and just a few up on sportlots.

EDIT: while I don't have any of those silly "history points" on COMC (although I really should start making my buys while logged in to earn some) it does look like there have been a total of 20 sold on there over some period of time.

Interesting stuff. 2:25 retail which explains the rarity but lack of value. Only 13 players on Beckett (150 card set). No retail/hobby boxes available on eBay open/closed.

The Jeter sold on COMC for $6.14, Piazza $5.32, Arod $4.22, all quite a long time ago it appears. I have no RJ, it's one of my few '99 cards still needed.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Same applies to the '99 Aurora Reds. Retail only. Still can't find one although those were just the foil variation so I bet a lot are mixed in with commons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 4, 2008
Thanks for the history points research!

And nice on the beckett cite, I sometimes forget to check there.

These odd parallels at some point will start carrying a nice premium for star players. They just do not come to market often.

Interesting stuff. 2:25 retail which explains the rarity but lack of value. Only 13 players on Beckett (150 card set). No retail/hobby boxes available on eBay open/closed.

The Jeter sold on COMC for $6.14, Piazza $5.32, Arod $4.22, all quite a long time ago it appears. I have no RJ, it's one of my few '99 cards still needed.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC

Members online