Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1987 Topps / Opeechee / Italy Stickers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I have long though that the 1987 stickers came in two flavors: 1987 Topps and 1987 O-Pee-Chee but it looks like there is a topps version "made in italy" as well. However, I see the opeechee version says "printed in italy". Do you all know if there are 3 versions of these or 4?

20150820_105759.jpg

20150820_105813.jpg

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I believe at one time, Topps contracted with Panini to make/print/distribute their stickers and albums. Panini was/is an Italian company.

Canada may have special 'made in' laws so consumers there know the country of origin.

Fordman

Last edited:

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Yes, Panini produced all of the Topps and OPC stickers from 1981-1987. In 1987 Topps printed the "hard back" version themselves in preparation for the end of their contract with Panini. No equivilent "hard back" stickers were produced for OPC in 1987.

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Yes, Panini produced all of the Topps and OPC stickers from 1981-1987. In 1987 Topps printed the "hard back" version themselves in preparation for the end of their contract with Panini. No equivilent "hard back" stickers were produced for OPC in 1987.

Based upon my research, it looks like there are 3 versions total for each card ... does that sound correct to you?

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Based upon my research, it looks like there are 3 versions total for each card ... does that sound correct to you?

Yes, however, there is one other variation. For the regular Topps versions, they use black print on the back of the foil stickers, while the rare version uses blue print. It's a little confusing because the Hard Back/Test Issue also uses blue print. My Henderson list has pics of the three different Topps variations.

http://www.supercollectorcatalog.com/henderson-rickey.html

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Yes, however, there is one other variation. For the regular Topps versions, they use black print on the back of the foil stickers, while the rare version uses blue print. It's a little confusing because the Hard Back/Test Issue also uses blue print. My Henderson list has pics of the three different Topps variations.

I think Canseco only had a foil sticker in 89 iirc so i think i'm safe! i'll be coming to you in a bit though as it looks like i need a few more from you after all - thanks!

Jan 14, 2009

Is this info still correct? I've been wasting some money on packs and lots trying to locate black print backs from this set and have only turned up a couple. Also, all the non hard-back, i.e. "regular Topps version" foil examples on comc are the blue print type.

Any new info, experiences with these?

Members online

Latest posts