Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Quick Question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbacksfan4life

Aug 21, 2013
Arizona
Yesterday was fan appreciation day at Chase Field and l won a Louisville Slugger black bat :) It would look AMAZING if it was signed in a Gold sharpie/pen, what would be the best one to use for the bat? Thanks for any help?

cartersprings

Aug 7, 2008
MN
Congrats! Personally, I'd get a gold/silver paint pen. If you go that route, jusy make sure to prime it first. They seem to provide a smoother, more consistent auto without the streakiness I've encountered with the metallic Sharpies.

dbacksfan4life

Aug 21, 2013
Arizona
Congrats! Personally, I'd get a gold/silver paint pen. If you go that route, jusy make sure to prime it first. They seem to provide a smoother, more consistent auto without the streakiness I've encountered with the metallic Sharpies.

Now I've heard that silver comes off but maybe thats just for sharpie. Ok I'm new to this so how do you prime it? Thanks for the help l really appreciate it!

cartersprings

Aug 7, 2008
MN
Now I've heard that silver comes off but maybe thats just for sharpie. Ok I'm new to this so how do you prime it? Thanks for the help l really appreciate it!

Hmm, not sure about it coming off. I used a gold paint pen on the bat I had signed. I meant prime the marker/pen to get the ink/paint flowing.

buck724

Jul 22, 2010

Yes.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
Deco Paint Pen. Can get them at art stores like Michael's. I've used silver on black bats and they come out really nice. Never used a gold one.
Jason Heyward bat.JPG
Renato Nunez bat 1.JPG

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
No problem! No matter which color you use, if you use a paint pen, be sure to shake it well before hand and lightly touch the tip on a piece of paper a few times to get the paint flowing. If you don't do that, then it won't write.

Members online

No members online now.