Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

John Lackey Traded to the Cardinals For Allen Craig/Joe Kelly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
no wonder he was applauding after puig struck out

He was behind the plate acting like Leslie Nielsen when the Dodgers were up.

6a0115709f071f970b0147e03cb049970b.jpe

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
Remove Kelly's one poor start vs Houston and his ERA in Boston is a solid 3.35.

He's also ten years younger than Lackey. Farrell adores Kelly, as does the Boston media.

I think Boston is trying to build a young-gun starting rotation (candidates being: Anthony Ranaudo, Henry Owens, Allen Webster, Rubby De La Rosa, Ed. Rodriguez, Escobar, and Matt Barnes), and Kelly could morph into one of the leaders of such, whereas Lackey prob couldn't.

On a different note, how exciting a player is Rusney Castillo? Kid looks awesome so far. I'm expecting very big things from him in 2015.

Yeah they are trying to build a young rotation. But how'd that work out with the offense last year? A last place finish.

Boston better add at least two mid to upper tier starters if they want to compete next year. The rookie pitchers they brought up last year all looked pretty poor and most don't project to be frontline guys.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Yeah they are trying to build a young rotation. But how'd that work out with the offense last year? A last place finish.

Boston better add at least two mid to upper tier starters if they want to compete next year. The rookie pitchers they brought up last year all looked pretty poor and most don't project to be frontline guys.

No rush. Give them a couple years.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Remove Kelly's one poor start vs Houston and his ERA in Boston is a solid 3.35.

He's also ten years younger than Lackey. Farrell adores Kelly, as does the Boston media.

I think Boston is trying to build a young-gun starting rotation (candidates being: Anthony Ranaudo, Henry Owens, Allen Webster, Rubby De La Rosa, Ed. Rodriguez, Escobar, and Matt Barnes), and Kelly could morph into one of the leaders of such, whereas Lackey prob couldn't.

On a different note, how exciting a player is Rusney Castillo? Kid looks awesome so far. I'm expecting very big things from him in 2015.

I'm sure Kelly will get knocked around next year when those tough AL East lineups see him more than once.And somehow, someway, Craig was actually worse after the trade.Red Sox training staff not found anything else wrong with his foot?

Members online

Latest posts