Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Well, I'm doing it. Cooperstown 2016 Anyone??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
I've never been to the Hall of Fame. As a baseball fan, it's something I've always wanted to do.

Growing up, I always told myself myself if/when my childhood hero, Ken Griffey Jr gets inducted, I would be there for the ceremony. Well, the time has come. It's happening. I will be going to his induction in 2016 (*if he gets voted in :D ) and visiting Cooperstown for about 5 days. (I'm hoping that's enough time to see everything.)

Can someone who has been to hall recommend some "don't miss" things - either inside the hall itself, or in the surrounding area. (I've heard Cooperstown has a ton of baseball-related things to see).

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
If you're not already, look into becoming a member. It's on the HoF website under "Support." There are usually exclusive things for members to do during induction weekend.

Enjoy. It will be an experience you never forget.

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
I went in 2009 when Rickey was inducted and it is one of my fondest memories. I said when I was young if he went to the Hall, I would be there, and fortunately my dream came true. Soak it all in, take your time....

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Lots of local micro breweries including the aforementioned Ommegang (check out their Three Philosophers which is amazing)

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
If you're not already, look into becoming a member. It's on the HoF website under "Support." There are usually exclusive things for members to do during induction weekend.

Enjoy. It will be an experience you never forget.

Yeah, I kinda splurged for the Presidential Member. It was the only one that guarunteed VIP seating for the induction ceremony. I am stoked.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
I went in 2009 when Rickey was inducted and it is one of my fondest memories. I said when I was young if he went to the Hall, I would be there, and fortunately my dream came true. Soak it all in, take your time....

That's so cool. I'm glad I didn't hear "...and I regretted it." LOL

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Thanks for the advice on the breweries. I guess liking cards and alcohol goes hand-in-hand with a lot of us! Haha

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I'm planning on going this year or next, but probably solo, no one else is enough of a baseball fan.

But I think you can cover it all in 2 days, maybe 3 for the Induction weekend...

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
One day I hope to make it, not necessarily for an induction event, but just going to the museum and town to see it all. I think with the crowds I assume are there for induction events, I'd prefer just another regular day.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts