Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Sports Card Hot List for Late January

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
I agree - Contenders makes my head spin. I can't believe they release a Collegiate Contenders and then put College variations into regular Contenders.

It's a constant reminder that Panini doesn't care about collectors or the hobby, just their bottom line.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Except that now there are a bazillion parallels.

Panini has ruined that series.

I was just about to point that out. Not to undermine what Chris wrote as I do consider it to be legit info. I've always seen them be "the card". Just never knew why. Even prior to all this parallel silliness. I know with the last couple of years there also appears to be more than one version too(different photo). I was trying to buy a few cheapies of Texas guys(Goodwin comes to mind) and was wondering why. I believe one was sp'd over the other? I tend to like playbook, finest, TC, TTT, and inception over the others. I remember SPA autos being the card to have too even though I believe exquisite was way better. If I remember correctly, Exquisite commanded higher prices but SPA was more sought after?

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
It's a constant reminder that Panini doesn't care about collectors or the hobby, just their bottom line.

Eh, I'll take Panini for what they are. I love their designs. But just not Contenders. I think the coolest thing is that you can now get a lot of different rookie autos for pretty cheap. Just doesn't seem to be as much of a consensus on what is currently the card to have. Although you could argue Immaculate is it. The one thing I did hate was the Clear Vision autos. Great design IMO, terrible execution. Half the autos I've seen pulled were not even fully visible as the window cuts them off.

Members online

Latest posts