Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How much does it cost to insure an expensive card?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yankees48

Jul 2, 2014
Hi, im looking to send a $1500-2000 card to beckett. What would you guys advise to be the best shipping method, and do you know how much insurance would cost?

Thanks

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Hi, im looking to send a $1500-2000 card to beckett. What would you guys advise to be the best shipping method, and do you know how much insurance would cost?

Thanks

I'd look for a show close by that has a BGS grader there, have them raw grade it and then have them take it in for slabbing.

Yankees48

Jul 2, 2014
Wouldn't that end up being more expensive?

I'd have to pay for the raw grade, and i'd still have to pay for insurance as well.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
You could send it registered mail. It's the slowest, but safest. Every person who touches your package...I mean box....I mean card....has to sign their name to it and so on. That way if something happens to it, the post office knows right where to start looking.

Yankees48

Jul 2, 2014
You could send it registered mail. It's the slowest, but safest. Every person who touches your package...I mean box....I mean card....has to sign their name to it and so on. That way if something happens to it, the post office knows right where to start looking.

Oh, so insurance is pretty much not needed (aside from possible damage) if you go registered? Do you know how much it is to ship a card this way?

Thanks

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Wouldn't that end up being more expensive?

I'd have to pay for the raw grade, and i'd still have to pay for insurance as well.

You're worried about the cost of grading when you're going to stick a $2,000 card in the mail? I'd still rather do it that way, even if it did end up costing a bit more, because then it only has to be mailed once, from BGS back to you.

Yankees48

Jul 2, 2014
You're worried about the cost of grading when you're going to stick a $2,000 card in the mail? I'd still rather do it that way, even if it did end up costing a bit more, because then it only has to be mailed once, from BGS back to you.

There are none in my area as well. I'm seeing some stories about how terrible registered mail is. So maybe I'll go priority with insurance. Anyone know how much insurance runs?

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I've only shipped one card registered a few years back, don't remember how much it was. I want to say it was less than $15. But yes, you would still need insurance on it...might be included in the price, idk.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I shipped this card to the UK for about $16 Registered.. The buyer paid $1600 for it..

jeter-a.jpg

Members online

Latest posts